(Relative) Biggest/ Smallest Crowd Size Predictions

kemosabe

So far I am the only person I've seen online saying they're going to Jamie XX, and I don't have my shifts yet... Might be awful lonely when he's up against the clashes he is. And it's a long way from there to SE for techno night. 

Arcadia field will close soon after Coldplay finish for Prydz. Can't see people stopping off in between. 

1 minute ago, Talcroft said:

So far I am the only person I've seen online saying they're going to Jamie XX, and I don't have my shifts yet... Might be awful lonely when he's up against the clashes he is. And it's a long way from there to SE for techno night. 

Arcadia field will close soon after Coldplay finish for Prydz. Can't see people stopping off in between. 

you reckon? its a 3 hour wait . i think people will try catch something else somewhere else and head back for hot chip. 

2 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Oh don’t say that. I’m going to have to be there 2 hours early, aren’t I?! 

I think the Pyramid is going to be pretty quiet overall to be honest... Dua and Coldplay will have big crowds but nothing like the historic biggest ones ever. Think there's actually dangerous potential for all of the other stages to be really packed at several points. There's brilliant stuff all over the place elsewhere. Really questioning the booking this year. 

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I think the Pyramid is going to be pretty quiet overall to be honest... Dua and Coldplay will have big crowds but nothing like the historic biggest ones ever. Think there's actually dangerous potential for all of the other stages to be really packed at several points. There's brilliant stuff all over the place elsewhere. Really questioning the booking this year. 

Coldplay will have a ginormo crowd. Not Elton or the Stones big, but really not too far off.

They’ve definitely made some errors in certain places, but then equally I’m sure the likes of Holts are mega stoked to have the likes of Sugababes playing and packing out their stage. It’s just dumb there isn’t much against them to stop it becoming massively oversold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Coldplay will have a ginormo crowd. Not Elton or the Stones big, but really not too far off.

They’ve definitely made some errors in certain places, but then equally I’m sure the likes of Holts are mega stoked to have the likes of Sugababes playing and packing out their stage. It’s just dumb there isn’t much against them to stop it becoming massively oversold.

Sugababes not being on The Pyramid is crazy, especially when you look at what is on there. 

Big crowds - Barry can't swim, Sugababes, Dexys, Frank Turner on Thursday, Avril Lavigne

Tiny crowds (for their stage)- basically all of the Pyramid acts bar maybe Coldplay, Keane and Dua Lipa. Gossip

12 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

coldplay sitting at 48% on the core CF then take into account all the people who dont use a CF more than likely also going to coldplay ! Will not be elton big but it will be very very busy.

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Big crowds - Barry can't swim, Sugababes, Dexys, Frank Turner on Thursday, Avril Lavigne

Tiny crowds (for their stage)- basically all of the Pyramid acts bar maybe Coldplay, Keane and Dua Lipa. Gossip

Would love to see a huge enthusiastic crowd for Dexys. Kevin deserves it. 

23 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Did Arcadia close at all last year? After lots of talk about the Chems being rammed, getting there for the second half of Elkka was fine. That was the spider and closer to headliner time though…

i think for calvin in 2022 it did. or should have. heard it got a bit crazy at the entrance.

also why do people stand around the edge of arcadia and block it all ? i hope the new arcadia doesnt have that issue.

1 minute ago, DJL said:

Did Arcadia close at all last year? After lots of talk about the Chems being rammed, getting there for the second half of Elkka was fine. That was the spider and closer to headliner time though…

Don't think it did, but then the chaos for Calvin Harris in 22 was wild. It's a straight line from Pyramid to Arcadia, just enough time to stop off for a wee and a drink, then head up there. No-one's going out of their way to Levels or SE Corner first. 

Everyone wants a nosey to see if he brings the visuals they've seen on TikTok (obv he won't, how can he, but kids and first timers don't know that).

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some points of the day there'll be hardly anyone at any of the main stages and 100,000 people trying to get into the Pilton Palais to see Paul Mescal and the Hot Priest 

It is a cracking film to be fair

29 minutes ago, DJL said:

agree and there was plenty of space to dance but the bottom of the field was closed when i tried to leave afterwards 

1 minute ago, goldfishboy said:

agree and there was plenty of space to dance but the bottom of the field was closed when i tried to leave afterwards 

yeah Arcadia was really easy to navigate last year. Could walk straight under the spider for most sets. Think people were scarred by the sh*t show of 2022

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

yeah Arcadia was really easy to navigate last year. Could walk straight under the spider for most sets. Think people were scarred by the sh*t show of 2022

I think Levels being a new stage probably helped too 😊

Edited by kemosabe

3 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I think Levels being a new stage probably helped too 😊

Levels had the best dance line up last year, they really knocked it out the park. 

5 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Also Idles for the smallest seem an obvious one for me - I saw Alt-J headline the Other stage and I think the total crowd could of got in a mini-bus, expecting fairly similar this time with who they are up against.

idles mates from Bristol should give them a half decent crowd.

I think it'll be alright for Sugarbabes, busy but not rammed, or at least no more rammed than certain other acts in previous years. They are up against:

Paul Heaton 

Vaccines

Frank Turner 

Bombay Bicycle Club

And D:ream (especially with the election just round the corner)

I know my group will be split across all of the above mentioned and/or at the Big Special or Beans on Toast.

Think:

Lulu

Cyndi Lauper 

Lankum 

And Avril Lavigne will all get decent crowds for their stage.

10 hours ago, DJL said:

I was there similar time Elkka was awsome, we were in a great spot for Chems but shot of before they finished to catch someone else  and the perimeter of Arcadia was so much busier than around the spider.

It's that weird thing people do at gigs where they choose to stand at the back to avoid the crowding but end up creating more crowding. 

I often wonder if its worth having a Steward bobbing around advising people they will actually have more space if they get further in  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TiZuff said:

coldplay sitting at 48% on the core CF then take into account all the people who dont use a CF more than likely also going to coldplay ! Will not be elton big but it will be very very busy.

How do you find out the percentages?