(Relative) Biggest/ Smallest Crowd Size Predictions

kemosabe

5 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

How do you find out the percentages?

Yeah I’d like to know this.

11 hours ago, TiZuff said:

coldplay sitting at 48% on the core CF then take into account all the people who dont use a CF more than likely also going to coldplay ! Will not be elton big but it will be very very busy.

Would love for someone to create a thread showing the top 10/20 percentages on CF. 

Intrigued that Avril Lavigne seems to have huge appeal as I thought she was a bit of a novelty and placed too highly.  She's only had 4 UK hits (20 years ago) and Sk8er Boi for me is utter dogshit, so won't be anywhere near.  Is she really that popular/relevant to pull a decent Other Stage crowd?

I can see Avril being one of the biggest crowds. Borderline unmissable for anyone about in the early 2000's! Really looking forward to exploring new artists this year several of which will no doubt blow up in the next two years. Also great for up and coming artists this year who are more likely to have a big crowd with less big acts drawing people away. There is clearly necessary cost cutting going on this year and fair play. The festival has to do what they have to do like every other festival right now.

To put on the show, sell out, not mug you off at the bars, develop / improve the site and give to charity is still incredible. Cant f**king wait!

27 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah I’d like to know this.

Would love for someone to create a thread showing the top 10/20 percentages on CF. 

You donate to Clashfinder and you get access, so I don't think we should be sharing percentages, as it's all about supporting such a fantastic platform 🙂

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

You donate to Clashfinder and you get access, so I don't think we should be sharing percentages, as it's all about supporting such a fantastic platform 🙂

Didn’t realise this, fair enough. I’ll have a look at doing that then!

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It'll be stacked - not least cos Janelle Monae won't draw much of a crowd.  The post Shania exodus will be real.

Won't she? I feel like I've heard so much positive stuff about her last appearance on WH that I assumed she'd have a fairly significant number keen to either see her again or find out what the fuss is about.

1 minute ago, mouserat said:

Won't she? I feel like I've heard so much positive stuff about her last appearance on WH that I assumed she'd have a fairly significant number keen to either see her again or find out what the fuss is about.

If anyone is not that bothered about Avril they would be much better off at Janelle she will likely be much better. She's an incredible performer. I think Avril fits into the category of would never see her if not at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

What do people think about Paul Heaton on the Pyramid Stage? He has hits galore, but probably one for a certain age group (and I think a lot of younger one might not know his name as much as The Housemartins or Beautiful South). 

I want him to do well, but it'd also be nice to stroll right to the front lol

He's been doing the rounds at the medium sized fests e.g. kendal, tramlines, NBHD weekender the past few years

won't be packed but will do just fine i reckon. He is against Sugababes and Confidence Man though which will be on the busier end, especially Sugababes i think

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

The crowd for idles a few years ago on other stage was massive. I think they will get the same again . Some crazy talk on here.

it will be a big crowd.

SZA will be the thinnest pyramid headline crowd for years.

probably been replied to but IDLES played at like 4pm against these acts - there's not exactly much competition. This year its against the headline acts, with the dance areas starting to come alive including the first night of the new arcadia. Plus Fontaines will directly eat into their crowd.

Crowd will be moderate, its hardly going to fill the field!

image.png.d788cc0a0d345122866e317f24f8219a.png

• Upvote 1

Friday - obviously barry is the pick but I wouldn't be too surprised if LCD ended up being quite a lot busier than many expect, Other is shite while they are on and there's not too much massive elsewhere.

Jamie XX / Sugababes will be busy but theres a fair amount else on so should be not too ridiculous, not to the level of barry

Saturday - cyndi lauper could be quite busy for the time owing to how early she is. no obvious options, prydz will be fine i reckon

Sunday - Avril Lavigne will be busy, reckon justice could be quite packed too - although they aren't like your disclosures etc really (bit more out there) so think a fair amount of people who could be interested may just go to Levels, Arcadia, SEC early

Edited by gfa

12 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Avril has hits people recognise. Janelle puts on a show, but doesn't have material that'll be familiar to a big crowd 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Intrigued that Avril Lavigne seems to have huge appeal as I thought she was a bit of a novelty and placed too highly.  She's only had 4 UK hits (20 years ago) and Sk8er Boi for me is utter dogshit, so won't be anywhere near.  Is she really that popular/relevant to pull a decent Other Stage crowd?

Yeah, she definitely is. I'd go as far as to say - in a year where it feels like many people have been overbooked (relative to what you'd expect for them based on previous years positioning), Avril is the one act I can point to and say she's obviously underbooked.

42 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I have a lot of nostalgic affection for those first couple of albums but I'd honestly lost track of what she was doing - she only seemed to pop up in reference to weird conspiracy theories that she'd been replaced by a doppelganger or that there was a secret song nobody had ever heard: https://www.splinter.com/the-mystery-of-dolphins-the-fake-avril-lavigne-song-on-1793854273

I imagine she'll be a lot of fun and it's enough of a name to draw people in but I can't really picture what her show is actually going to be like. I'd definitely be there if it weren't for the clash with Janelle, mostly out of intrigue.

SZA will be bigger than most people think. A lot of people camp at the Pyramid all day, then there is the Sunday ticket holders that boost the numbers on site, and a lot of people won't know much about The National. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

What do people think about Paul Heaton on the Pyramid Stage? He has hits galore, but probably one for a certain age group (and I think a lot of younger one might not know his name as much as The Housemartins or Beautiful South). 

I want him to do well, but it'd also be nice to stroll right to the front lol

agree! Robert Plant in 2022 is a legend, and it was a very "comfortable" crowd. I'm expecting/hoping the same for Paul.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

SZA will be bigger than most people think. A lot of people camp at the Pyramid all day, then there is the Sunday ticket holders that boost the numbers on site, and a lot of people won't know much about The National. 

I think you make two different points there, I think The National will have a smaller crowd then people on here think (their crowd demographic aligns with this place). But also none of my group are going SZA, and it's a pretty big group with plenty in the younger demographic. Which kind of signals to me she'll have a small one imo 

55 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I’d forgotten about this. Have just donated and enabled it. Thanks for reminder! It makes interesting reading - obviously some of us highlight more acts than we could ever see and lots of people at the festival don’t use it, but some of these sets are going to be busy. 

Edited by CantWaitForGlasto22

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

But a lot of people would likely disagree with this assessment, because nostalgia.

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Avril has hits people recognise. Janelle puts on a show, but doesn't have material that'll be familiar to a big crowd 

Yeah. Janelle in 2019 was an all-timer for me. In my Top 3 of shows at the farm easily. I've got little inclination to see her on the Pyramid this year.

• Upvote 1

I think Idles will do fine. I'd expect SZA to be a bit of a ghost town relative to Pyramid Headline crowds, and conversely I expect Justice to be rammed. West Holts could see a bit of that this year – Sugababes clash with pretty much no one (a lot of 'old hat' Glasto acts). Jessie Ware could draw a big-boy crowd as well. I suspect she's probably the main alternative for the not-Coldplay set.

I expect no one at Gossip on Woodsies, although they are my headliner for Saturday night. Never caught them back in the day, looked like a lot of fun at 6 Music Festival.

Fatboy Slim on the Glade could be a warzone.

13 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

SZA - Reckon it'll be about half full at most.

Jungle - Will be an insanely big crowd.

Justice - Same as Jungle. 

It will be interesting to see how SZA is shown on TV . they never like showing how rubbish a crowd is