Glastonbury Hospitality Ticket - Validation

ads1980

Hi all,

I have been offered a hospitality ticket. I’m due to collect it next week but I’m not sure how I can prove it is genuine or not (I think it will be but just need to be sure) 

I’ve been to Glastonbury 15 times now with a general ticket but my understanding is that the hospitality one will only have my name on and no photo and then I need to present that with my ID at the ticket office to get my wristband which all sounds correct. 

But I’m conscious I don’t want hand over cash without knowing what I’m being given is genuine. Do the hospitality tickets look the same as the general ones then but just without your photo on or are they totally different? 

13 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

From memory, it was exactly the same but where the photo was it was my name and who I got the tickets from. There was all the same authentication markings on them. 

Ok thanks! Hopefully that’s still the same then and that’ll be what I get! 

27 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Ok thanks! Hopefully that’s still the same then and that’ll be what I get! 

If the source you’re getting it from legit? What price were you getting it for? There’s ALOT of scammers around and genuine hospitality are rare and not usually sold on so just be careful 🙂 

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

If the source you’re getting it from legit? What price were you getting it for? There’s ALOT of scammers around and genuine hospitality are rare and not usually sold on so just be careful 🙂 

Yes thanks for the advice. I think it’s all legit but I just want to double check. If it is still on a proper ticket with the normal bits on it other than my photo then I’ll be good with checking it before I pay. 

• Like 1

I was working for Oxfam last year and one of my shifts was on a vehicle gate checking hospitality tickets.  One of the things we had to check on the ticket was that there was a specific watermark on it by holding it up to the light (I think there were 3 different ones).  Obviously we don't know yet this year what those watermarks will be but just check that there is some kind of watermark on the ticket.  Apparently the watermark is added to the paper when it is being manufactured, which makes it impossible to photocopy watermarked tickets.

1 hour ago, Hugh with a P said:

I was working for Oxfam last year and one of my shifts was on a vehicle gate checking hospitality tickets.  One of the things we had to check on the ticket was that there was a specific watermark on it by holding it up to the light (I think there were 3 different ones).  Obviously we don't know yet this year what those watermarks will be but just check that there is some kind of watermark on the ticket.  Apparently the watermark is added to the paper when it is being manufactured, which makes it impossible to photocopy watermarked tickets.

Ok great. Thanks for heads up. There’s normally a water mark on a general ticket so I know what I’m looking for in that case. 
I just wasn’t sure if hospitality tickets were printed off in some other way. But so long as I’m getting a proper ticket (just without my picture on) I’m pretty safe. 
cheers. 

Just now, ads1980 said:

Ok great. Thanks for heads up. There’s normally a water mark on a general ticket so I know what I’m looking for in that case. 
I just wasn’t sure if hospitality tickets were printed off in some other way. But so long as I’m getting a proper ticket (just without my picture on) I’m pretty safe. 
cheers. 

Yeah only other difference I can remember was they were portrait last year (as opposed to normal tickets being landscape) and we had to rip a bit off the bottom and keep it.  Good luck !   I'd risk it too 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Yeah only other difference I can remember was they were portrait last year (as opposed to normal tickets being landscape) and we had to rip a bit off the bottom and keep it.  Good luck !   I'd risk it too 🙂 

Thanks mate 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there has been a massive scam that is estimated to have netted almost 1 million pounds! 😱Hospitality tickets and packages have been sold that didn't exist.

I am very sorry for the people who have been scammed. 

I hope there aren't any eFestivals posters affected. ☹️

Edited by StoneCircle
Removed name and screenshots
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 3:52 PM, ads1980 said:

Hi all,

I have been offered a hospitality ticket. I’m due to collect it next week but I’m not sure how I can prove it is genuine or not (I think it will be but just need to be sure) 

I’ve been to Glastonbury 15 times now with a general ticket but my understanding is that the hospitality one will only have my name on and no photo and then I need to present that with my ID at the ticket office to get my wristband which all sounds correct. 

But I’m conscious I don’t want hand over cash without knowing what I’m being given is genuine. Do the hospitality tickets look the same as the general ones then but just without your photo on or are they totally different? 

they vary, over the years they have been just about anything, strangest one i remember was some countryside alliance march flyers (i guess that was michael using up what he had lying around, and didn't want to spend on something new).

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 8:06 PM, ads1980 said:

Yes thanks for the advice. I think it’s all legit but I just want to double check. If it is still on a proper ticket with the normal bits on it other than my photo then I’ll be good with checking it before I pay. 

Can you ask the person you have bought it from for a photo of the ticket? That way you know it is real and they can cover bar codes and stuff if needed

1 hour ago, Iphigenia said:

My heart goes out to all those who have been victims of this scam 😥

Mine too, there will be loads turning up at the box office once the festival opens too I guess. 😢