Your Headliners 2024

nikkic

Friday - probably Faithless, though could be tempted to Jungle.

Saturday - Orbital will probably be the final live act. I would be up for Jessie Ware but I don't really like joining sets mid way through, so will probably take the opportunity to go to Stonebridge early for Optimo and Erol Alkan.

Sunday - Justice, although I seem to be in the minority in having only decent memories of 2017 so will try and get down to the front this time. 

All in, certainly the weakest year for headliners of the 6 I've been to.

Actually I take that back - 2014 was abysmal!

Edited by Grinding aftertaste

Jungle

struggling like everyone else but I guess Disclosure. There’s about 6 headliners across Friday/Sunday I’m having to miss that would be better. 

The National

Friday: Charli XCX is a definite. Might try to catch part of Dua or Idles beforehand but will see how I feel. Have wanted to see Idles for ages and have seen Dua previously, but also feels like I should at least try to see one Pyramid headliner so dunno

Saturday: Peggy Gou

Sunday: London Grammar 

Friday: Unsure if to do Idles or Fontaines, neither really excite me that much on record.

Saturday: Possibly Lambrini Girls at Strummerville. I might get swayed by Coldplay for the spectacle and the old songs but having to put up with anything post 2011 will be a struggle. 

Sunday: Andrew On'Neill's History of Heavy Metal

Slimmest of pickings for me this year.

• Upvote 1

Friday: Idles.

Though the terrible clash with Fontaines 😞

Saturday: Billy Nomates.

Really poor Saturday night choices for me on the main stages - Pyramid, Woodsies, Other, Park and West Holts all a write-off. There's about four I'd watch on Friday night. 

Sunday: The National. 

Though I've not liked much from them since Trouble WIll Find Me over 10 years ago, so not a great year for me and headliners.

Edited by Chip Batch
Didn't notice Lambrini Girls as Gnomicide said but that overlaps with Billy Nomates and not sure I'll make it. WIll see them somewhere else anyway

Fri - Probably IDLES but not too fussed as seen them a number of times before.

Sat - New Model Army

Sun - Bob Vylan although done by 10pm! 

There really is very little of interest headliner wise tbh.

Friday: Dua Lipa or Jamie xx depending on who wins the argument between the two of us.

Saturday: Coldplay 

Sunday: Had got tickets for The National at Eden Project to make up for probably missing them here but now there isn't really anything clashing with them - so who knows what I'll do.

8 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

And me! Though Sunday could end up being Justice…depends what kinda mood I’m in.

Was tempted by Justice but I regretted not seeing The National the last time they played. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Friday: Unsure if to do Idles or Fontaines, neither really excite me that much on record.

Saturday: Possibly Lambrini Girls at Strummerville. I might get swayed by Coldplay for the spectacle and the old songs but having to put up with anything post 2011 will be a struggle. 

Sunday: Andrew On'Neill's History of Heavy Metal

Slimmest of pickings for me this year.

I think there'll be a trample of people coming from Bob Vylan to the History of heavy metal thingo - its pretty much a straight run from leftfield to cabaret, with the only possible problem being the massive bloody crowd at west holts for Justice!