Vodaphone Connect & Charge - easy or massive queues?

prestonmanc

Stumbled across the Vodaphone Connect and Charge service via the official festival packing list recommendations (link below).  Essentially, £20 to pick up a newly charged power pack for your phone each day.

This sounds a good alternative to my current plan of buying a Nokia 110 for the festival, but my one reservation is the likelihood of having to queue for ages each day.

Anyone got any experience of this from previous years to report back on the process?  (I'd love to just be off grid for 5 days but having young kids with grandparents means needing to be contactable!).

Link - https://vodafone.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-battery-pack-hire/vodafone-connect-charge/2973469

48 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

There is no queue normally though. Just walk straight up and swap it. 

I’d say this is time dependent. Between opening in the morning and the main stages kicking off Fri/Sat/Sun it can be a fair queue. Moves fast though. Like others say, I take a 20,000 mah power bank. Sees me through 5 days.

11 hours ago, prestonmanc said:

Stumbled across the Vodaphone Connect and Charge service via the official festival packing list recommendations (link below).  Essentially, £20 to pick up a newly charged power pack for your phone each day.

This sounds a good alternative to my current plan of buying a Nokia 110 for the festival, but my one reservation is the likelihood of having to queue for ages each day.

Anyone got any experience of this from previous years to report back on the process?  (I'd love to just be off grid for 5 days but having young kids with grandparents means needing to be contactable!).

Link - https://vodafone.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-battery-pack-hire/vodafone-connect-charge/2973469

Depends on the time of day but we invested in two power banks, so much more convenient. Recharging on the move rather than getting frustrated queuing. As regular campers we make use of them other times as well as festivals.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Can anyone recommend a solar battery pack? My partner seems quite keen on one but from what I can tell they are more hassle than it's worth.

I also decided to buy a chunky phone that needs a lot of charging so tempted by the vodaphone option to be honest. Do the vodaphone chargers have enough juice to charge two phones without having to get a new one?

Edited by ramblingmad

3 minutes ago, ramblingmad said:

Can anyone recommend a solar battery pack? My partner seems quite keen on one but from what I can tell they are more hassle than it's worth.

I also decided to buy a chunky phone that needs a lot of charging so tempted by the vodaphone option to be honest. Do the vodaphone chargers have enough juice to charge two phones without having to get a new one?

Solar really doesn’t work that well In my opinion … the Voda batteries only have enough Juice to charge a phone for 1 day . So charging 2 phones that would get split . Think they are 5000mah  

• Thanks 1

Echo what others have said and think you're best off taking your own, I personally wouldn't want to risk queues! I recently got this one: 

SOARAISE 26800mAh Power Bank 22.5W Quick Charge With Built in 2 Cables & 3 Outputs Portable Charger PD USB C External Battery Pack for Smartphone Tablets : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Have tried it out and got a fair few charges out of it. Would likely last the festival depending on how much you expect to use your phone. I'll be taking some smaller ones to put in my bag during the day and have another 20000mAh as a backup, it's just a little old now so doesn't charge as well as it used to. 

Lidl have a festival special on at the min and this looks like a pretty good deal, especially with £5 off if you have the Lidl app. Might go pick one up myself: 

Tronic 20,000mAh Power Bank - | Lidl UK

As much as I'd recommend getting your own powerbank, the Vodafone ones are convenient. They're small, light, and apart from maybe on the first day, there aren't queues, you just walk up to the counter, swap the used one with a new one and away you go. 

The queues you see are for tge people using the chargers inside the place.

42 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

As much as I'd recommend getting your own powerbank, the Vodafone ones are convenient. They're small, light, and apart from maybe on the first day, there aren't queues, you just walk up to the counter, swap the used one with a new one and away you go. 

The queues you see are for tge people using the chargers inside the place.

You're still paying for something and having to alter your plans each day for something you could have in your tent for exactly the same cost?

How many counters are there on site?

10 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

You're still paying for something and having to alter your plans each day for something you could have in your tent for exactly the same cost?

How many counters are there on site?

Which is why I'd still recommend getting your own, but if your phone hasn't charged over night, a big ol' powerbank is just more weight to carry around.

I think there's just the one Vodafone place now, on the corner of Glade and Leftfield. A spot I'd walk past at least once a day. Plus you do get to keep it. 

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think there's just the one Vodafone place now, on the corner of Glade and Leftfield. A spot I'd walk past at least once a day. Plus you do get to keep it. 

They said they had a couple more drop off / pick up points this year.  

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

They said they had a couple more drop off / pick up points this year.  

Ah, right. I'd not seen that. There used to be one out by Woodsies, presumably back there.