Best meeting spots

Witness

Hi guys

First timer here so wondering where the best meeting points are? Our group has very different music styles so will be splitting up regularly but will want to meet back up, particularly after the headliners.

Were staying in Sticklinch so won't be able to use the tent as our rendezvous. 

For example, Friday we're all going to different headliners so where is best to meet up afterwards before heading to a late night area?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Witness said:

Hi guys

First timer here so wondering where the best meeting points are? Our group has very different music styles so will be splitting up regularly but will want to meet back up, particularly after the headliners.

For example, Friday we're all going to different headliners so where is best to meet up afterwards before heading to a late night area?

Thanks!

CIder bus, always the Cider bus!

Last year was my first time and I was a bit apprehensive about this give the size, but it was far easier than I thought. We used the area by the Cider Bus (to the left of the Pyramid Stage when facing it) and didn't have any issues. I found that there are plenty of good spots to wait for people around the whole site that are easy enough to describe where you are in a text.

29 minutes ago, Witness said:

Hi guys

Thanks!

For that Friday example, West Holts bar is quite a good one. That's what we usually do.

As long as you are heading to the SE corner that is

Edited by philipsteak
clarification

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

as long as you pick a quieter spot and dont go into crowds , theres also official meeting spots .... and a generic text under a flag text is pretty unhelpful needs to be very specific 

I find a picture of the flag works wonders (while in crowds)

OP..... The Cider Bus, Meeting Point, Greenpeace sign on the railway tracks, are all good spots...... someplace near the sensation seakers stage / ridge and farrow can be good when en-route to the SE corner, but the best advice I could give is have a good wander about on the Wed / Thurs and find your spot that works well for you.....

40 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

As you're all going to the late night area anyway then meet there, otherwise some of your group might be going out of their way to get to the meeting point - which would delay all of you.

I was going to make exactly the same point.

Don't waste your Glasto time needlessly waiting.  The place is huge!  The "late night area" could be at four different corners of the festival.

Go where you want to go, tell your mates where you are or go and find them where they are.

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs
  • Upvote 1

Keep it fluid and decide at the time.

Walking against the Pyramid crowd after headliners can be a daunting experience, even for regular attendees.

Lots of bottlenecks around that time, particularly along the railway track and heading towards the late night areas.

I would say aim to meet at the groups destination.

I used What 3 Words for the first time last year and it worked a treat - your friends send you their location and you can use the app to navigate you to that 3m square.  I’m a convert to this seemingly foolproof way of describing and finding locations.

Definitely don’t waste time waiting for people, especially at night people can get delayed by a million different things, or change plans half way when they find something cool,  just go where you want to go and let people know where you are and eventually you’ll all find each other.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Definitely don’t waste time waiting for people, especially at night people can get delayed by a million different things, or change plans half way when they find something cool,  just go where you want to go and let people know where you are and eventually you’ll all find each other.  

This. My son made that error last year and missed out on stuff. Meet at the destination you are all hoping to get to. Some will be there earlier and just post picture or something of where you are then they find you

The best plans are no plans at Glasto IMO.

Embrace the wonder of a wander 😉

There are so many distractions along the way, stalls you want to take a look at, a band you overhear at a bar, strangers to converse with, some tasty food that you absolutely must try - despite the queue and general weirdness that's worth more than a cursory glance that you shouldn't treat it as a military operation as it takes all the fun out of the weekend.

I have spent an evening with some of our group before and it was just terrible, rushing from area to stages to "bucket list" items like the sign or Rabbit Hole that it sucked all the fun out of the evening.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

The best plans are no plans at Glasto IMO.

Embrace the wonder of a wander 😉

There are so many distractions along the way, stalls you want to take a look at, a band you overhear at a bar, strangers to converse with, some tasty food that you absolutely must try - despite the queue and general weirdness that's worth more than a cursory glance that you shouldn't treat it as a military operation as it takes all the fun out of the weekend.

I have spent an evening with some of our group before and it was just terrible, rushing from area to stages to "bucket list" items like the sign or Rabbit Hole that it sucked all the fun out of the evening.

Correct, rushing around to some sort of tight schedule or timetable that you drew up pre festival isn’t how to do Glastonbury. Embrace the sights as well as the sounds, enjoy the distractions. We’ve got a list of who we’d like to see but going by past experiences we will be lucky to see 50% of them, but will have enjoyed so much more. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Correct, rushing around to some sort of tight schedule or timetable that you drew up pre festival isn’t how to do Glastonbury. Embrace the sights as well as the sounds, enjoy the distractions. We’ve got a list of who we’d like to see but going by past experiences we will be lucky to see 50% of them, but will have enjoyed so much more. 

Same, we have had to be more choice on what we see this year as we (me and the Mrs) are working on stewards crew now, we are going to make a determined effort to see one or two specific bands but we are also happy to split up and see different things. We have a bunch of friends and family that will be coming as punters too, but we will just play that by ear, if it happens it happens - no big deal.

Sunday we are reserving to spend time up at healing fields and circus areas etc as the daughter is joining us for the day on her "locals" day ticket and we have no shifts then.

Tuesday night we are going to go discover some of the crew bars as it's a novelty and will help us get our bearings again having not been for 7 years...well until we get to about 4 or 5 pints/cocktails in at least 😄