Best power bank for Glasto?

Little Thief

Hey

Sorry if this is repeating an earlier thread I can no longer find.

Does anyone have a recommended power bank to keep my iPhone alive throughout the fest?

I was half thinking of having a beefier unit to leave in the tent for night/morning charges, then a smaller one to carry throughout the day.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Hey

Sorry if this is repeating an earlier thread I can no longer find.

Does anyone have a recommended power bank to keep my iPhone alive throughout the fest?

I was half thinking of having a beefier unit to leave in the tent for night/morning charges, then a smaller one to carry throughout the day.

Thanks!

You can always leave charging banks in the Lockups as well

Charmast do a good slimline 26800mAh powerbank. Is slimmer than your phone (but a bit wider/taller) so can be carried around in the day quite easily. 

One nice touch is that you can charge it off an iphone lightning cable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SOARAISE 26800mAh Power Bank 22.5W Quick Charge With Built in 2 Cables & 3 Outputs Portable Charger PD USB C External Battery Pack for Smartphone Tablets : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I got this one recently and it's done well when I've tried it out 🙂 

Also posted this in another thread earlier: Tronic 20,000mAh Power Bank - | Lidl UK looks decent especially for the price, going to pick one up as a spare!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tiesto13 said:

Charmast do a good slimline 26800mAh powerbank. Is slimmer than your phone (but a bit wider/taller) so can be carried around in the day quite easily. 

One nice touch is that you can charge it off an iphone lightning cable.

I've got this and a slightly older Charmast (30k) both have been excellent. Got them on a special price, so even better value

Sort of still on topic - the power banks I've used previously have been in a drawer since last Glastonbury and now don't seem to want to charge up at all. Is there anything I can do to revive them or are they dead and useless now?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09G39KZM2

Came out really well in a recent "showdown" on a Youtube channel I have followed for a while, was one of the only ones to deliver anything like it's capacity and output charging speed that it advertises, it is also one of the most compact 10,000mAH designs too.

They also do a 20,000mAH rated one with built in leads which also delivers what it says it should.

I have both of them, as well as about half a dozen others in the drawer - the only other one I would recommend out of them is by a company called "No Outlet, No Problem" which I bought 10 years ago and is still going strong, just a shame the market got flooded with low quality power banks and they couldn't compete on price so went under.

Just now, mouserat said:

Sort of still on topic - the power banks I've used previously have been in a drawer since last Glastonbury and now don't seem to want to charge up at all. Is there anything I can do to revive them or are they dead and useless now?

Probably f**ked tbh but I’d check both the charging cable and the plug as it’s unusual they completely go .. unless they’ve been like that for some time 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Probably f**ked tbh but I’d check both the charging cable and the plug as it’s unusual they completely go .. unless they’ve been like that for some time 

Thanks, will try a few cables/sockets and see. Some of them are a few years old so not too shocked if they're done for but one was bought last year so I'd be a bit gutted if it's given up the ghost already.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

This might already have been tried, but would also leave them plugged in for a while.

As in a couple hours or so and see if that makes a difference. If something is completely depleted, it can take a while to acknowledge that it's back above zero.

2 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Thanks, will try a few cables/sockets and see. Some of them are a few years old so not too shocked if they're done for but one was bought last year so I'd be a bit gutted if it's given up the ghost already.

Out of the ones above one of the newer ones only charges to 1 light now weirdly they’ve all been kept together so no idea if I’ve not run it down before or if that’s the issue . But a lesson is to check them definitely 

I got one of these last month and from what I can tell its a bit of an upgrade on my previous Ankers in that it has a pre-attached USB-C cable (so one less point of failure), its a good bit more compact and - most importantly- has a % charge remaining indicator so you know when it's about to die on you

Anker Power Bank, 22.5W High-Speed Charging Portable Charger with Built-In USB-C Cable, 1 USB-C, 1 USB-A, 20,000mAh Battery Pack for iPhone 15/14 Series, Galaxy, iPad, AirPods, and More https://amzn.eu/d/1TvLTD8

1 hour ago, mouserat said:

58 minutes ago, incident said:

This might already have been tried, but would also leave them plugged in for a while.

As in a couple hours or so and see if that makes a difference. If something is completely depleted, it can take a while to acknowledge that it's back above zero.

https://www.anker.com/blogs/power-banks/solving-power-bank-charging-issues-how-to-reset-power-bank

There are a couple of Anker specific techniques here, I've had both work for me before. Might be worth finding a similar article for yours?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mouserat said:

This is going to sound profoundly dumb, but plugging it into itself - as in the cable going from the USB bit to the chargy bit, forming a self-perpetuating circle of seeming nothingness - somehow resets mine and allows it to be charged when its not been used for a while.

I thought they were taking the mick when they told me to do that, but i tried it and it worked! 

edit: the above link states to do that too 👍

Edited by balti-pie
  • Like 1