Best power bank for Glasto?

Little Thief

2 hours ago, august1 said:

Has the tech/quality moved on? Mine are quite old

The speed at which they can charge your phone (output) is getting much quicker and the more expensive ones have USB-C output as well which on its own is faster than USB-A

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I should really know … all of these have done a job over the years 

image.jpg

Decent selection there, here’s ours, the ones still providing decent service, smaller ones ideal for carrying around the site.  Because we do a lot of camping it’s useful to have them. Others that won’t hold charge have been disposed of responsibly! 

IMG_2166.thumb.jpeg.f0a2557a4eb21f04bf8d4b3103445335.jpeg

Going to hop in here. Does anyone have recommendations for wireless portable chargers for Android phones? Most of them seem to be designed for iphones.

Dodgy charging port and so I'm looking for a wireless one for when on the go.

4 hours ago, mouserat said:

Sort of still on topic - the power banks I've used previously have been in a drawer since last Glastonbury and now don't seem to want to charge up at all. Is there anything I can do to revive them or are they dead and useless now?

I've got several that have been in a drawer for far longer than that and are very old, if I've tried them they still say they're charged.  They tended to be anker or other premium makes though. 

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

Going to hop in here. Does anyone have recommendations for wireless portable chargers for Android phones? Most of them seem to be designed for iphones.

Dodgy charging port and so I'm looking for a wireless one for when on the go.

The ones that are designed for iphones should - in most respects - work for Android as well. At the core they're all using the same wireless charging technology (Qi).

The only (and important) difference in this context is that the charger will have magnets inside which are placed to line up with and hold onto an iphone so that the charger and the phone stay together. Whereas most Android devices (especially older ones) won't have the magnets needed for this and so you'll need to keep the phone and the charger aligned manually.

If you do need a wireless charger, it may be worth using a velcro strap or some other mechanism to ensure that both devices stay together solidly.

• Upvote 1

I’d say Anker are a reputable make and you want at least 20k mAh, 25k+ if you’re a heavy user.

re: longevity, always charge to 80% before a period of no use.

37 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

We constantly talk about Anker and how good they have been, I really think now we should be talking fast usb C charging and at least 50Ah rating? Thoughts on something like this https://amzn.eu/d/fShvQY5

Rated 4.3 and some folks saying it's dangerous?   

Load up the Meaden gif

46 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Account sorted 🙂  great 

yep.. thanks.. just need to fix signature..

I've got one of these absolute units. Really good value and seem to be able to get at least 4 iphone charges out of it 2 years later but it has been used pretty constantly since I bought it 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VEGER-30000mAh-Charging-Portable-Compatible/dp/B0CB497HTR/ref=asc_df_B0CB497HTR/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=665322342394&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8458989857799131444&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006684&hvtargid=pla-2195317683561&psc=1&mcid=d8e18b0f3abd3356b72efe624673f0f5

I've also got an anker magsafe one for emergency charges out and about and I'll probably take an old one just in case the Veger runs out

Going to be quite nice not having to charge any ecigs or take a plethora or batteries for that this year having quit in the last 12 months