All Aboard The Rave Train!

Neverneverland

5 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

This has got "peak too soon" written all over it

In 2016 the traffic was crazy due to the mud delaying the opening of car parks. Took our coach over 10 hours to get down from Manchester.

A group of lads cracked open their drugs tin about 6 hours in. 

We arrived as the sun was setting. I'm really curious how their tent setup went. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mike86 said:

In 2016 the traffic was crazy due to the mud delaying the opening of car parks. Took our coach over 10 hours to get down from Manchester.

We arrived as the sun was setting. I'm really curious how their tent setup went. 

Theres also the party bus from Liverpool @vintagelaureate tells me about 

14 hours ago, mike86 said:

Haha! That year we had some Welsh lads, quite young, turn up in the dark and camp next to us. We had to help them put their tent up. They were very raucous the first night....and then not a peep the rest of the time. Classic.

On the bus from Norwich last year there was a group at the front of the bus drinking from the moment we left at about 8am until we got there around 3 or 4.  Most of them slowed down but one girl just kept going, it was a mix of vodka, tequila, gin, champagne, red wine, beer over the course of the journey.  When they arrived I was thinking - it's mid afternoon, you are smashed and you have to walk with all your stuff and put your tent up. Would love to have seen how that night went.

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

On the bus from Norwich last year there was a group at the front of the bus drinking from the moment we left at about 8am until we got there around 3 or 4.  Most of them slowed down but one girl just kept going, it was a mix of vodka, tequila, gin, champagne, red wine, beer over the course of the journey.  When they arrived I was thinking - it's mid afternoon, you are smashed and you have to walk with all your stuff and put your tent up. Would love to have seen how that night went.

Probably a bit similar to this;

• Like 1

I mean, that's a terrible idea.  We usually have a few drinks in the queue, but raving on a train (which would include cans and possibly other assistance) from 7am on set up day has disaster stamped on every carriage.

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I mean, that's a terrible idea.  We usually have a few drinks in the queue, but raving on a train (which would include cans and possibly other assistance) from 7am on set up day has disaster stamped on every carriage.

Feels like it was dreamed up in a marketing meeting by a group of people who've never been to, or met anyone who's been to, a festival.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I mean it's going to be a couple of songs from her for the PR isn't it, hardly a full set I imagine? So If you're on the gear at 9am or whenever it is on the Wednesday then that's your own fault! 😂

Free first class travel to the festival, a bit of food, and a chance to meet an artist for a selfie and see her do a few songs.