Any burners going to Glasto this year?

Drew3232

22 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

Sorry, I don't know what burner clothes are. Can anyone enlighten me?

I believe they are referring to the kind of costumes worn at burning man.

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Which are?  Highly flammable?  Disposable?  Thrown in a bin to avoid the FBI?  Makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Thank you for the education.

13 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Thrown in a bin to avoid the FBI?  

Really? Is that what you think / know?

10 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

What about Doggers? Lot of cars in those carparks

What about doggers?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can actually join a few of these elements up;

(1) I went to a well known gay club in Birmingham called Subway, but I went just as it had changed it's target audience to young straight people with the women wearing 'burners'. I was old. I felt like a dirty old man in there, and was not comfortable.

(2) I have driven, accidentally, into a doggers site. The people running around in front of me in my full beam headlights thought that they were scared, such was their rapid movement back to their own vehicles, hiding etc . They simply had no idea that I, in my transit van that looked like a police van, with full headlights on, blinding them, was actually in fear for my life, and that of my wife who was with me. 

2 hours ago, Drew3232 said:

desert gets mighty cold some nights.

Wait what? 

What does the temperature have to do with nasty festival toilets... I've tried, and tried, and tried, to figure out the link, but I just can't get it? 

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Wait what? 

What does the temperature have to do with nasty festival toilets... I've tried, and tried, and tried, to figure out the link, but I just can't get it? 

Thought you meant the drop in temp after the sun sets.

I don’t think I’ve heard of burning man goers being called burners before! It’s a distinct style though, seen more at Boomtown (are they called boomers? 😂) and Lost Village. Willy Wonka on acid meets steampunk. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don’t think I’ve heard of burning man goers being called burners before! 

They don't go to Burning Man. They go to the burn - and whilst there they're 'on the playa'.

I think.  At least, I knew what the OP meant.

12 hours ago, Drew3232 said:

I wore my burner clothes last time I went. Dad thought I was mad. Well comfy doing the site in leggings tho and with my furry stuff after the sun set to keep me warm.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people in that sort of fancy dress....weather dependent.  I always think it is fab that people are free to dress up how they want in pretty wild costumes and not feel judged.  I've done a couple where I've dressed up (not quite like that) and it is fun. That's what it's about isn't it? Enjoying yourself.  It's not going to be for everyone, but Glasto should be a judgement free zone. I think there is probably a bit less than there used to be TBH.  Feel like you used to see more people dressed up at glasto, but maybe that is just the stages and venues that I go to now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1