Proper breakfast

qt30546

Hi looking for suggestions on a proper full english breakfast. I mean with top quality sausage, thick bacon etc. none of the richmond sawdust nonsense.

I usually go for a toastie, bap etc but would love to sit down with a brekkie and a mug of tea

1 hour ago, qt30546 said:

Hi looking for suggestions on a proper full english breakfast. I mean with top quality sausage, thick bacon etc. none of the richmond sawdust nonsense.

I usually go for a toastie, bap etc but would love to sit down with a brekkie and a mug of tea

I don't think it's available unfortunately. 

Not many places even have dedicated seating. 

1 hour ago, qt30546 said:

The closest to this you'll get is a lovely tent half way up Muddy Lane on the right just behind the kids field  beside the lockups there, they have seating and do a fry-up nice people too

image.png.d1accfea6fbbcb3d317ad3ec4aec716f.png

44 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Didn't there used to be a double decker with sit down tables for breakie?  Is that amongst the things that no longer happen? 

Between the bandstand and t+c? There's still been a bus there the last couple of glastonburys but i think its been a Pimms bus and not a brekky bus. I'd take a breakfast bus ahead of Pimms any day of the week, to be honest. 

The cafe by the woods, top webbs ash used to do a decent traditional breakfast, but its not been there since 2017 i think - i miss it, i always used to try and camp as close to the lock-up there as i could; ready access to the loos, cafe, passing traffic so there felt like less of a chance to get tent robbed, it was a bit like home. Always have a stroll through and a little hangout when im back 

6 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

The closest to this you'll get is a lovely tent half way up Muddy Lane on the right just behind the kids field  beside the lockups there, they have seating and do a fry-up nice people too

image.png.d1accfea6fbbcb3d317ad3ec4aec716f.png

Diver's Diner? Or something like that? I remember it was nautical sounding.

I had a great vege breakfast in the green fields a couple of years ago, small tent with seats outside. Not sure about since then as I’ve usually breakfasted in van or at Oxfam or Toms before heading in to festival. 

Divers Diner is good for a decent value breakfast and a sit down, but I'm not sure it passes the quality test initially specified. It's a bit too "school canteen" for that.

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

lulu's cafe if its in a public area.

I don't believe they attended Glastonbury last year, and are not on the map for this year.

You can sit down outside Children’s World but you aren’t getting a Stoke Newington (I don’t know where hipsters eat in Swindon) herbed sausage. 

can’t think of anywhere on site at all that will be serving up an artisan banger besides me at breakfast the first morning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

I don’t know where hipsters eat in Swindon

they're lucky if they eat in swindon. 😛 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

step one take a stove 

step two take a cool box

step 3 make your own breakfast

step 4 buy more ice 

Step 5.  Go and buy breakfast instead. 

Each to their own, but I don't go to do my washing up and unless in CV it's a terrible place to do so.

I have ever... Strictly if funds necessitated. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2024 at 9:33 PM, stuie said:

I had a great vege breakfast in the green fields a couple of years ago, small tent with seats outside. Not sure about since then as I’ve usually breakfasted in van or at Oxfam or Toms before heading in to festival. 

Believe the original poster is after genuine meat brekkie, none of that veggie muck.

8 minutes ago, ThePope said:

Believe the original poster is after genuine meat brekkie, none of that veggie muck.

Thank goodness @ThePopeis here to guide the thread in the direction of top quality sausage. 

Thanks for popping by your holiness. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 9:02 AM, qt30546 said:

As @Charliehmiller says, green bus (I know there was a bus), Woodsies is the tent on the left here, it's directly opposite lock up

Screenshot_20240628_155851_Glastonbury.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 7:04 AM, Charliehmiller said:

On the Green near the woods is a double decker bus that serves brekkie. Not been yet myself but want to try this year 

We went there last year in the afternoon for some beans on toast for the kids. Was great sat on the top deck, very quiet and a really nice breeze