What NICHE bar would you like to have at Glastonbury

Superscally

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

A proper poncy Swedish themed craft beer place  with omnipollo insane pastry stouts on tap, Swedish metal bands on the speakers only, and door staff that rank how niche pretentious you are with questions about music taste and lower league football. I’ll be fine 😎 don’t fancy anyone else’s chances of getting in though 

Can outdoorsy knowledge be an acceptable category instead of lower league football?

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Can outdoorsy knowledge be an acceptable category instead of lower league football?

Absolutely it is! The ability to start a fire with an old glove and a tree branch, that sort of thing? Macgyver solutions are highly prized in the nerd community. Ahem, hipster community. 

• Thanks 1

The Bear Grylls Boozer.

Need the skills to make a 4 seater table from an assortment of crisp packets.

Beer made from elk piss.

Bouncers checking if you can find the toilets using a water divining rod.

33 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

They were just examples. There is plenty more out there. I thought the Taphouse only had the usual crap in 2022. If that has changed then I will be pleased. 

If Beavertown is a proper craft beer, I’m Arnold Schwarzenegger.

They should have a Bob Mortimer themed bar. Just because he's brilliant, isn't he?, and it'd be a really fun bar. Hopefully he could get an invite too and hang around in there with everyone for a bit.

my bar would be called the cave, it would be deep underneath the farm, with no mobile signal and too dark to take decent photos. candles flicker and a DJ plays crackly old vinyl on a single turntable. 5 drinks to choose from.

33 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

my bar would be called the cave, it would be deep underneath the farm, with no mobile signal and too dark to take decent photos. candles flicker and a DJ plays crackly old vinyl on a single turntable. 5 drinks to choose from.

The cave was a thing back in 2013

Screenshot_20240608-171647_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

A bar serving only vegan friendly beers, mead (yes, non honey!), absinthe and snake-bite&black. With a soundtrack of goth and dark wave/coldwave and a sprinkling of industrial 🦇

• Upvote 1

Did someone here once mention the "men for wes' account on twitter.turns out it's part of a fake content AI network.

3 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

May I suggest druidic chants as the music and mead as one of the drinks?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spg said:

A bar serving only vegan friendly beers, mead (yes, non honey!), absinthe and snake-bite&black. With a soundtrack of goth and dark wave/coldwave and a sprinkling of industrial 🦇

“Got any Type O Negative mate?”

36 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

“Got any Type O Negative mate?”

"Might have, tucked away at the back. Black No1 ok?"

Seriously though, it is a genre that is missing on site, so just one dark scene bar would be ace 🦇

One year there was a great ice tea gin cocktail bar by Bellas/ west Holts which never came back again. Can’t remember what year but we drank whole pints of it as it was a hot year and danced a lot to Coco and the Butterfields in the bar next door. That kind of bar please.