Football 2024/25

charlierc

Manchester City claim victory over Premier League after tribunal verdict | Premier League | The Guardian

Apparently this is more asymmetric, where the tribunal said the ideas of the rules are valid but not how they were applied.

Not sure if this means that Newcastle can get our Saudi overlords (in charge for three years as of today) to go for it and just throw hundreds of millions at our squad, or at least be able to buy a striker that is less fragile than Callum Wilson.

On 10/8/2024 at 6:45 AM, Neil said:

Is it really going to be Moyes back to OT if ten hag is sacked.that would be an impressive comeback if it happens.

It feels like the favourite is Thomas Tuchel, although having another Eredivisie title winner as their assistant manager in Ruud van Nistelrooy (formerly of MUFC as a player, ofc) feels like another option.

Moyes is absolutely not ending up back at Old Trafford and I'd double check where you may have heard that.

moyes is available and has improved as a manager since he left OT. Klopp is also available,and one of those possibles seems much more likely than the other.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

moyes is available and has improved as a manager since he left OT. Klopp is also available,and one of those possibles seems much more likely than the other.

Klopp's not available anymore. Although where he was wound up is a bit of a surprise: Jurgen Klopp: Former Liverpool boss appointed global head of soccer at Red Bull - BBC Sport

Edited by charlierc

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It feels like the favourite is Thomas Tuchel, although having another Eredivisie title winner as their assistant manager in Ruud van Nistelrooy (formerly of MUFC as a player, ofc) feels like another option.

Moyes is absolutely not ending up back at Old Trafford and I'd double check where you may have heard that.

It's probably the lack of alternatives that's keeping him in a job. Which isn't ideal for anyone, ineos certainly dithering.

Personally wouldn't want Tuchel, as it would be the same cycle. 1 decent season, then decline. His record of no kore than 2 seasons, less in his last 2 jobs isn't appealing. 

Ruud? Ole MK2. 

Personally would love Eddie Howe a go. 

Edited by thetime

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Bjork has more chance of headlining Glastonbury, than moyes going back to United. 

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

It's probably the lack of alternatives that's keeping him in a job. Which isn't ideal for anyone, ineos certainly dithering.

Personally wouldn't want Tuchel, as it would be the same cycle. 1 decent season, then decline. His record of no kore than 2 seasons, less in his last 2 jobs isn't appealing. 

Ruud? Ole MK2. 

Personally would love Eddie Howe a go. 

Given how difficult it was for Man United to extract Dan Ashworth from his Newcastle contract, I'd be surprised they'd try going down that road again.

I agree on the lack of alternatives problem though. But this isn't exactly a new issue given that this was perhaps why EtH was allowed to stay in post after the end of last season when it looked for all the world like he was going to be shoved out the door.

22 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Given how difficult it was for Man United to extract Dan Ashworth from his Newcastle contract, I'd be surprised they'd try going down that road again.

I agree on the lack of alternatives problem though. But this isn't exactly a new issue given that this was perhaps why EtH was allowed to stay in post after the end of last season when it looked for all the world like he was going to be shoved out the door.

I'm unsure, if they see Howe as the man they will get him. 

Trouble for utd is the elite managers won't come, so would need to go below that. They won't get a Zidane, Klopp or Ancelotti. The utd job would be career suicide for them, gambling there entire reputation on the job. 

Howe would be a good fit for me. Certainly better fit than a Tuchel or other European coach I've heard like inzaghi, allegri etc. 

Edited by thetime