Rock am Ring 2025

SOAD are nailed on if they are available. Not sure about FF though as 2023 had the lowest attendance in years. I would love it personally but my guess is something more classic, e.g. Maiden.

2 hours ago, Ferda said:

SOAD are nailed on if they are available. Not sure about FF though as 2023 had the lowest attendance in years. I would love it personally but my guess is something more classic, e.g. Maiden.

Yeah or probably is too early although they have had a 3 year gap before and getting Green Day back after two...albeit for album shows. SOAD would be great. I think last year probably had more to do with KOL booking. I don't see Maiden, it's been 11 years next year since they played.

9 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Slipknot again? 

It's been 4 years and had covid not happened it's 6

Since its there 40 year anniversary I would say that Die Toten Hosen are nailed on as the second headliner. If the Linkin Park reunion rumors amount to something I could see them being a headliner. Other possible named are of course Soad, maybe 30 seconds.

6 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

Since its there 40 year anniversary I would say that Die Toten Hosen are nailed on as the second headliner. If the Linkin Park reunion rumors amount to something I could see them being a headliner. Other possible named are of course Soad, maybe 30 seconds.

I thought it was their 50th anniversary but clearly not. I don't think Die Toten Hosen will be, they only played in 2023 and 2017 I believe was their last time previously so a fair gap.

I think they'll have The Prodigy if touring, SOAD as well and RHCP actually is a decent bet too.

Edited by northernangel

Slipknot / Metallica / RHCP is certainly a possibility for anniversary editions. 

Also not for the next year but can clearly see them giving Billy Talent main stage headline, had probably the biggest crowd last weekend. 

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Slipknot / Metallica / RHCP is certainly a possibility for anniversary editions. 

Also not for the next year but can clearly see them giving Billy Talent main stage headline, had probably the biggest crowd last weekend. 

I believe they have done that before but they have dropped down a place now. It is odd as they are well past their best output. I don't think Metallica will be one of them, they like this whole thing of doing two nights.

I think coming over for my first time, Slipknot, RHCP and SOAD would be a trio I would go be happy with. Two acts I've not see for years. I would feel underwhelmed by Metallica as seen twice at Download, I don't want LP with a new singer and I'm not bothered by Rammstein for example at all. I'd have taken Slipknot, Green Day/Blink 182, SOAD as a perfect trio but one is already gone.

Edited by northernangel

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

I would feel underwhelmed by Metallica as seen twice at Download, I don't want LP with a new singer and I'm not bothered by Rammstein for example at all.

Totally opposite to me 😀

Never seen Metallica, need to check this box out. Wouldn’t mind new LP, still don’t think they’ll get main stage headline. Rammstein probably will never ever play festivals, the band is too big, the production is too big, and it’s really German national treasure — saw there lots of people with band tattoos, shirts, pins and so on, all of their stadium shows there are sold out, and sometimes there are five in row in the same city. 

blink-182 is a good shout, maybe they would like to have one “lighter” day, maybe also for younger audience. Joint headline of Blink / Twenty One Pilots?

36 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Totally opposite to me 😀

Never seen Metallica, need to check this box out. Wouldn’t mind new LP, still don’t think they’ll get main stage headline. Rammstein probably will never ever play festivals, the band is too big, the production is too big, and it’s really German national treasure — saw there lots of people with band tattoos, shirts, pins and so on, all of their stadium shows there are sold out, and sometimes there are five in row in the same city. 

blink-182 is a good shout, maybe they would like to have one “lighter” day, maybe also for younger audience. Joint headline of Blink / Twenty One Pilots?

Yeah LP would okay but just not main stage headline. I cant remember the last time they didn't headline while playing though. How did you rate it as a festival to attend?

18 hours ago, northernangel said:

I don't think Die Toten Hosen will be, they only played in 2023 and 2017 I believe was their last time previously so a fair gap.

That's true, but before that they played 2017, 2015 and 2012, so I wouldn't count them out, especially since it's anniversary year and for many people including the festival organizers Die Toten Hosen are the quintessential Rock am Ring band. If the make it to a Germany exclusive gig I can't see many people complaining 

6 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

That's true, but before that they played 2017, 2015 and 2012, so I wouldn't count them out, especially since it's anniversary year and for many people including the festival organizers Die Toten Hosen are the quintessential Rock am Ring band. If the make it to a Germany exclusive gig I can't see many people complaining 

What's going for it is that they have only played one big anniversary being 2015 for the 30th anniversary, not even the 25th.

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

How did you rate it as a festival to attend?

Depends on what you need from a festival. RIP is great if you would like to see some favourite artists playing in a great location of a green city park. Other than that there’s nothing to do — no circus, cinemas, theatres, yoga and so on, unlike Sziget for example. It’s only about music. Never camped there, but walked around — camping seemed fine to me, relatively clean and near the lake. 

So my recommendation is to wait at least for a first band wave. 

5 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Depends on what you need from a festival. RIP is great if you would like to see some favourite artists playing in a great location of a green city park. Other than that there’s nothing to do — no circus, cinemas, theatres, yoga and so on, unlike Sziget for example. It’s only about music. Never camped there, but walked around — camping seemed fine to me, relatively clean and near the lake. 

So my recommendation is to wait at least for a first band wave. 

I'm not interested in anything apart from the music for RAR, it was always going to be similar to if I went Werchter, purely for music bases.

On 6/10/2024 at 9:32 AM, northernangel said:

I don't see Maiden, it's been 11 years next year since they played.

You're correct. I've heard the band was completely set off by the dead crowd in 2014 (you can tell from the video that basically nobody was interested into them). Now they're playing stadiums by themselves so it would be useless to play RAM. 

Might be Metallica instead (if they're touring) 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

If rumours are true, it’s Korn

Which rumors are you talking about? Yeah there are speculations that Korn will be in the announcement, but nobody thinks they are a headliner, sub headliner or second stage headliner yes easily, but not main headliner.