Rock am Ring 2025

8 hours ago, matrainertje said:

A 'nu metal throwback' day with Sipknot and Korn co-headlining could make sense. 

Maybe a 'nu metal throwback' year? Slipknot, Korn, Linkin Park and maybe even System of a Down on tour?

33 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Maybe a 'nu metal throwback' year? Slipknot, Korn, Linkin Park and maybe even System of a Down on tour?

Look at festivals like when we were young, nostalgia, and targeting a niche audience has proven successful. I'm hopeful for Blink given the announcement is straight after their UK dates.

11 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Can Gojira headline this or are they too small ?

I'd say too small for headlining RaR/RiP + they are already announced for Wacken, Summer Breeze and Reload in August which rules them out anyway.

8 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

From festival united forum:

”As far as I know, LP are not included, at least in this wave. But the information is already 2 weeks old.”

When it comes to RaR those guys a pretty reliable. And looking at the countdown on the LP homepage, it ends at 8pm German time which would be a very unusual time for a festival announcement. On the other hand if the countdown is a reunion tour announcement I can see RaR postponing it till the evening, or doing something like announcing a bunch of bands plus Volbeat as headliner around noon and having the big bang revealed by LP in the evening.

40 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

When it comes to RaR those guys a pretty reliable. And looking at the countdown on the LP homepage, it ends at 8pm German time which would be a very unusual time for a festival announcement. On the other hand if the countdown is a reunion tour announcement I can see RaR postponing it till the evening, or doing something like announcing a bunch of bands plus Volbeat as headliner around noon and having the big bang revealed by LP in the evening.

Would that be a big bang though? LP without their singer doing a tribute show? Feels a bit like Kasabian 2.0, Prodigy 2.0 or Faithless 2.0. 

14 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Would that be a big bang though? LP without their singer doing a tribute show? Feels a bit like Kasabian 2.0, Prodigy 2.0 or Faithless 2.0. 

It definitely would be, this would be the first LP shows in 7 years, and there is a huge demand for them to comeback, I wouldn't call it a tribute show either from what it looks like it would be a comeback with a new singer and more comparable too Queen with Adam Lambert. 

How good and how well received the whole comeback would be is a different topic, but if they return the will definitely be one of the biggest headliner of the summer.

Linkin Park's comeback will have a massive impact for sure. I read that Knotfest and Welcome To The Rockville also shared the countdown from the band. We could have a world tour announcement on Wednesday evening. Curious to see where they gonna play their first show.