Rock am Ring 2025

Just now, SweetJesus said:

Really? I think it's nothing special. 

If you have a headliner as an European exlusive, then you'll call Foos like last year, or SOAD, Rammstein and etc., not BMTH who played every festival in Europe this year

Bmth and sleep Token as exclusive are really strong pulls 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

BMTH and Sleep Token are European exclusive

Does this mean no UK dates for BMTH in 2025? Was hoping for a (10 year) anniversary show/tour for That's The Spirit.

I'm really surprised by this announcement... and not in the good way. I love BMTH but I was expecting something more special for this anniversary edition. Book a band as an exclusive after their tour on every festivals possible in 2023-2024 is kinda cheap. They were already there in 2023 headlining the second stage. That's not a real exclusive as we can hope like Foo Fighters in 2023... or Linkin Park that we all hoped for today. 

For Sleep Token as an exlusive, it's also so weird. The band is bigger day after day, why don't they do a huge festival tour this Summer? I honestly don't get it.

But both BMTH and ST are European exclusive. Nowadays it often means Mainland Europe. I can imagine Sleep Token doing Download Festival as exclusive in the UK (or another major festival).

The rest of the announcement is kinda ok but it's been a while since I'm not that impressed by RaR line-up. Since the Covid, they've booked many exclusivities: sometimes big headliners, sometimes just great bands like Beartooth this year.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Archi said:

I'm really surprised by this announcement... and not in the good way. I love BMTH but I was expecting something more special for this anniversary edition. Book a band as an exclusive after their tour on every festivals possible in 2023-2024 is kinda cheap. They were already there in 2023 headlining the second stage. That's not a real exclusive as we can hope like Foo Fighters in 2023... or Linkin Park that we all hoped for today. 

For Sleep Token as an exlusive, it's also so weird. The band is bigger day after day, why don't they do a huge festival tour this Summer? I honestly don't get it.

But both BMTH and ST are European exclusive. Nowadays it often means Mainland Europe. I can imagine Sleep Token doing Download Festival as exclusive in the UK (or another major festival).

The rest of the announcement is kinda ok but it's been a while since I'm not that impressed by RaR line-up. Since the Covid, they've booked many exclusivities: sometimes big headliners, sometimes just great bands like Beartooth this year.

Could getting Slipknot, Sleep Token and BMTH all be signs that it’s not going to be a massively strong year for rock/metal festival headliners next year? 

Strong on paper, but hasn't lead to me considering my first RAR/RIP. Seen Slipknot and BMTH a lot, seeing Sleep Token in December and not massive on Biffy. Good but not "trip to Germany" good for me. 

Southside/Hurricane post a video about an announcement coming soon. I guess later this week. The video is a Spotify playlist with acts that gonna play in 2025. Names that we'll not see at RAR then. Almost 60 bands. People spoke about Green DayElectric CallboyThirty Seconds To MarsAlligotoah...

9 hours ago, Archi said:

Southside/Hurricane post a video about an announcement coming soon. I guess later this week. The video is a Spotify playlist with acts that gonna play in 2025. Names that we'll not see at RAR then. Almost 60 bands. People spoke about Green DayElectric CallboyThirty Seconds To MarsAlligotoah...

First three songs are definitely Green Day, don't know about the others.
UPD: 4th-6th are AnnenMayKantereit. 
image.thumb.png.2f611ad8a5400bc1c3b05fda25ac1a45.png

Edited by Mondo-kun
  • Upvote 1

On 9/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, Archi said:

Seems clear Linkin Park will be the last headliner here.

I have to say for someone hoping to do RAR finally on their anniversary, BMTH, Slipknot and Linkin Park doesn't have me reaching for my bank card. I think that being sucked into the idea though that an anniversary means better isn't always the case.

19 hours ago, Archi said:

Seems Good Charlotte, Amyl and the Sniffers and Wet Leg are there too

On 9/10/2024 at 1:46 AM, Archi said:

Names that we'll not see at RAR then.

In the end both (actually four) festivals share Biffy Clyro.
Seems that rule has passed since FKP Scorpio and Dreamhaus started to collaborate. If so I would take Yellowcard and Wet Leg for RAR / RIP!

Edited by Mondo-kun