Things you finally need to do

august1

5 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Pretty sure it's open 24/7? Could be wrong. 

Edit: well not for 7 days, but all day/night durning the festival 😅

Hmm, I feel like it closes late at night?  Pretty sure its not open vv early from litterpicking experience?!

Glastonbury on Sea is the big one for us as we left it too late last year (didn't realise it closed at night!)

Also keen to see something in the Cabaret tent as think the closest I've come is hovering near the edge of a busy tent rather than actually getting inside!

Found the underground piano bar once, was a queue so we didn't bother going in.  Not sure I'll ever bother now.

The only one I can think of is Lost Horizons Naked Sauna.  Pretty much every experience/venue I want to see I've seen.  By no means covered off everything on site, but everything that appeals to me.

Given the new map on the app has all the food vendors listed I may need to tick a few off I haven't tried before this year.  Already researching....

1 minute ago, mouserat said:

Glastonbury on Sea is the big one for us as we left it too late last year (didn't realise it closed at night!)

Also keen to see something in the Cabaret tent as think the closest I've come is hovering near the edge of a busy tent rather than actually getting inside!

Glastonbury on Sea isn't worth your time IMO.  Other than if you fancy some candy floss.

Cabaret tent is my go to if it's raining and I've nothing on.  Nice and dry, wellies off and sitting down on the sacking on the floor.  Few cans and a good laugh.  Would recommend.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Glastonbury on Sea isn't worth your time IMO.  Other than if you fancy some candy floss.

Cabaret tent is my go to if it's raining and I've nothing on.  Nice and dry, wellies off and sitting down on the sacking on the floor.  Few cans and a good laugh.  Would recommend.

Horses for courses isn't it, I personally loved Glastonbury on Sea - Thought it was staged brilliantly, looked great. 

Good for an hours chill and playing Bingo. 

18 minutes ago, august1 said:

Never done the ribbon tower either. I wonder if people take too long when they get up there hence the massive queue 

they limit the time or did when we were up there ... cant remember how long maybe 5 mins ? 

I need to visit the Temple, keep trying but there’s always been a queue. 

Not been in HMS Sweet charity, might try and pop in there at some point. 

Not been to the cinema since it became a tented thing .. going to try and squeeze into the Paul Mescal / Hot Priest  Q & A (along with half the festival no doubt) and I might also go see Lost Boys. 

2 hours ago, LeeHC said:

Hmm, I feel like it closes late at night?  Pretty sure its not open vv early from litterpicking experience?!

massively embarrasing as work inthe Park  nd I can't be exact - pretty sure it opens around noon on the wednesday shuts around 10pm at night  and then reopens around 7 am   all for H&S reasons I'll check and come back if I am a million miles out 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Us little litterpicking fairies start at 6am so that makes sense!

we love the litterpickers up at the park and the poo crew both teams are unsung heros and amazing. I hate it when its 5 am and you can see all the litter that people have just thrown on the ground before you guys sweep down the hill taking it all with you leaving us ready for another day - thank you 

34 minutes ago, upstream said:

we love the litterpickers up at the park and the poo crew both teams are unsung heros and amazing. I hate it when its 5 am and you can see all the litter that people have just thrown on the ground before you guys sweep down the hill taking it all with you leaving us ready for another day - thank you 

Very welcome! It's very satisfying to see before and after the pick! Amazing what you find- as we headed up the hill we even found some remnants of clay pigeons! I usually do the pyramid field mind, that really can be eye-opening...

18 hours ago, LeeHC said:

Very welcome! It's very satisfying to see before and after the pick! Amazing what you find- as we headed up the hill we even found some remnants of clay pigeons! I usually do the pyramid field mind, that really can be eye-opening...

What's the maddest thing you've found? 

Ticked off a few last time, like NYCD and the Temple. Don't really get Glastonbury On Sea tbh

I've never been to some of the Shangri-La stages, like Truth and Nowhere, but not sure that'll change this year, usually something else exciting happening in the early hours

I've actually never done Arcadia (at Glasto anyway) but eyeing that Saturday night this time

Never seen anything in BBC Introducing.  Not been to Glastonbury on Sea.  SE corner at night isn't for me but might wander over during the day to have a nosy - I've been before but I don't think I made it last year.

Top of ribbon tower, Piano bar( if it's there) , NYC Downlow, Rabbit hole replacement, Stone Dragon , Strummerville , Crows Nest, Stone Circle sunrise.

Very good chance the giddyometer goes into overdrive once I get in there and I do a grand total of none of the above.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:45 PM, LeeHC said:

I worked after the festival once and they removed the bottom rung of steps, so my friend gave me a leg up, then she (more athletic than me) climbed up. There was no one else up there that day 😂 then we saw some staff wandering around underneath us and thought they were going to give us a bollocking, but they weren't bothered in the slightest.

I have never seen a band begining with the letter "U", this could be the year. 

There was a thread about a year ago about if you could go through the alphabet and think of a band for every letter you had seen at Glastonbury. I was missing Q and U, Queens of the Stoneage sorted out my Q last year so just a U to go. U is a bit thin on the ground this year but looks like there is a band called Us playing on the Thursday. 

I have also never been up the Ribbon Tower, ended up meeting and having a beer with William the guy who designed and built it on the Friday last year so need to make the effort this time around....

Allan