Glastonbury

Chips96

1 hour ago, Chips96 said:

Are tents included in vip at Glastonbury ? 

Surely the company providing your VIP ticket should provide information what's included in the package.

28 minutes ago, Chips96 said:

It says access to vip area but nothing about tents provided ?  Then it mentions tipis Winnebago and other accomodation but they are very pricey 

Hospitality tickets don’t come with tents as standard. Some VIP packages include it but that’s only if it states it does and they’re thousands 

2 hours ago, Chips96 said:

Thanks Lucy .. you can see the prices they charge … over 10000

Have you got the ticket yet? 

Those who sell hospitality tickets are I believe only permitted to sell them at face value, so many suppliers sell them only with very expensive accommodation. 

12 hours ago, Chips96 said:

It says access to vip area but nothing about tents provided ?  Then it mentions tipis Winnebago and other accomodation but they are very pricey 

Isn't a vip area ticket just a pass into to vip area as you just wrote, with an an actual festival ticket required in addition?

16 hours ago, Chips96 said:

Thanks Lucy .. you can see the prices they charge … over 10000

Yep, and they won’t sell you a hospitality ticket usually unless you’ve also taken out one of their accommodation packages. It’s VERY expensive 

13 minutes ago, Iphigenia said:

Where are the VIP areas? I didn't think Glastonbury had any.

Hospitality. There’s a few that you can only get into with a hospitality wristband. There’s some other areas that need a higher level too 

19 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Hospitality. There’s a few that you can only get into with a hospitality wristband. There’s some other areas that need a higher level too 

Where abouts, and what's special about the areas? Is one of them up in the Park area where the BBC films some exclusive performances in that little fake garden thingy?

11 minutes ago, Iphigenia said:

Where abouts, and what's special about the areas? Is one of them up in the Park area where the BBC films some exclusive performances in that little fake garden thingy?

No

3 hours ago, upstream said:

No

By the amount of information you're giving, I'm guessing you don't know where the VIP areas are then?

Theres definitely something underneath that BBC fake garden area because I've been past it before, and it was rocking. But the doors were closed with no obvious way in.

Hospitality is the interstate cut through between the other stage and pyramid. There’s then the hospitality camping by woodsies. Some bars may let hospitality bands in (I got into the silver hayes one) but not all. The bbc areas are different, and each area (T&C for example) have their own system so some bands let you in there but not all. 

40 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Hospitality is the interstate cut through between the other stage and pyramid. There’s then the hospitality camping by woodsies. Some bars may let hospitality bands in (I got into the silver hayes one) but not all. The bbc areas are different, and each area (T&C for example) have their own system so some bands let you in there but not all. 

Thanks. Does anyone know what goes on in that BBC area then? Because there was definitely a crowd and live music playing, with the entrances shut off. It was underneath that fake garden thingy that they broadcast from.

1 hour ago, Iphigenia said:

By the amount of information you're giving, I'm guessing you don't know where the VIP areas are then?

Theres definitely something underneath that BBC fake garden area because I've been past it before, and it was rocking. But the doors were closed with no obvious way in.

happy to be educated - I have been working up at the park since 2007 and know most areas pretty well but I am probably wrong

51 minutes ago, upstream said:

happy to be educated - I have been working up at the park since 2007 and know most areas pretty well but I am probably wrong

So are you just not allowed to say where the VIP areas are, or do you just not know that info?

Thanks. Does anyone know what goes on in that BBC area then? Because there was definitely a crowd and live music playing, with the entrances shut off. It was underneath that fake garden thingy that they broadcast from.

They film some of the acoustic stuff for the tv there I believe. It’s not a VIP area as such

16 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

They film some of the acoustic stuff for the tv there I believe. It’s not a VIP area as such

Cool, I wonder if you just have to be there at the right time to be invited in 🤔

16 minutes ago, Iphigenia said:

Cool, I wonder if you just have to be there at the right time to be invited in 🤔

I don’t think there’s places at glasto you get invited into as such. Unless you are with an artist or bbc staff 

54 minutes ago, Iphigenia said:

So are you just not allowed to say where the VIP areas are, or do you just not know that info?

think you're just using the wrong term.  There aren't things which are VIP as such, there are crew areas and hospitality for artists etc.

I know where all the areas are and what goes on over the whole of the park site - my general rules are - if they didn’t invite me ; they didn’t want me there. If they didn’t tell me; they didn’t want me to know. There are lots of areas all over the site, some I’m allowed into , others not , some times I get invited to something and other times not. There are bits of the backstage area that only the build crew are allowed in , there are bits where the stewards are not allowed , there are bits where H band wearers can go and others where they can’t. There are bits like in the old rabbit hole where anyone “could” go but were not advertised people hear about by word of mouth. I can tell you that people going into the bbc compound have bbc passes

2 hours ago, Iphigenia said:

thats quite a passive aggressive answer trying to goad me into an answer but I am on the rum so I'll answer you. I ama not going to list the things I can't say - I do know a little more than the average person about the park - precious little about the other areas of the festival as I don't help out there.  BUT I am happy to tell you that the BBC bit is not a "VIP" area - everyone that goes into the BBC compound has a BBC pass. I have passes that allow me to go in and out of every single other venue in the park either by the front door or the back production lane entrance - I can;t set foot in the BBC bit unless they ask me in and they haven't done that in the 13 years teh Park has been going , I don't expect them to this year. We help them out when they ask and thats about it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

think you're just using the wrong term.  There aren't things which are VIP as such, there are crew areas and hospitality for artists etc.

It's pretty much the same thing though, isn't it?

2 hours ago, upstream said:

thats quite a passive aggressive answer trying to goad me into an answer but I am on the rum so I'll answer you. I ama not going to list the things I can't say - I do know a little more than the average person about the park - precious little about the other areas of the festival as I don't help out there.  BUT I am happy to tell you that the BBC bit is not a "VIP" area - everyone that goes into the BBC compound has a BBC pass. I have passes that allow me to go in and out of every single other venue in the park either by the front door or the back production lane entrance - I can;t set foot in the BBC bit unless they ask me in and they haven't done that in the 13 years teh Park has been going , I don't expect them to this year. We help them out when they ask and thats about it 

I'm not trying to goad anything and I wasn't being passive aggressive. I think you're focussing way too much on this BBC thing. My original question was "where are the VIP (hospitality) areas?", and you replied to me several times without answering the question. So it made me wonder if there was a big secret about hospitality areas, or if you just didn't know where the hospitality areas are (which is fine if you don't - I don't especially want to know, it's just out of curiosity). 

But please don't feel compelled to reply to me or engage at all. I don't want to get into any arguments 🫥 

3 hours ago, Iphigenia said:

It's pretty much the same thing though, isn't it?

Not in my book no. 

I find the very term repugnant in this context, but maybe that's just me. 

• Upvote 1