2024 Beer Pricing?

Ossielopes

3 minutes ago, Ossielopes said:

Any thoughts on what might be the pricing of lovely refreshing alcoholic beverages this festival? any insider knowledge? 

Bearded Theory was around 6.50 a pint. I imagine between 6.50 and 7.50 a pint at Glastonbury 

3 minutes ago, 1986 said:

A pint of the standard pils was £7 last year if I remember right? Can see it being 7.50/8 this year. Certainly won't be going down.

I think it was £6.50 for a standard pint last year, cos it was £6.80 at download and i remember it being cheaper - i think they wont break the £7 barrier just yet

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I think it was £6.50 for a standard pint last year, cos it was £6.80 at download and i remember it being cheaper - i think they wont break the £7 barrier just yet

Every festival this year so fat I've been to has topped £7 a pint. Avalon Inn I expect will. Brother bar might justvsteer clear.

1 minute ago, Isaaclk said:

Was £6.50 for a pint on the refreshwest run bars at lstd this yr, so shangri la, arcadia, silver hayes bars this yr at glasto i reckon. 

Always dear in naughty corner too

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

6.50 hopefully.

last night at the Foos it was seven quid for a can of warm Tennants lager poured into a paper cup.

🤣 ffs, that’s rude - Vitamin T is only ever scraping being described as decent when it’s freezing cold 

Yeah it could be as low as £6 at brothers and cider bus but brooklyn

pilsner is probs going to be £6.90

as others have said i dont think they will want to break the £7 barrier this year.

at the 2022 festival it was £5 cash a pint of brothers! Those days are of course long gone.

Unfortunately its not hard to see why people love to bring their own booze and use drugs when the alternative is circa £7 a pint and likely £10 for a double and mixer

I know those are expected and normal city prices but it really boils my p*ss how much profit they are making. 

A bottle of Beefeater Gin wholesale is £19.72 and has 28 shots, that is £210 for 1 bottle. 

Brooklyn Pilsner wholesales at £2.38 a pint

San Miguel £2.92 a pint

Hobgoblin £1.67 a pint - that's 75% margin on a 3.4% beer, well over industry standard. 

And that is before any bulk discounts have been applied. 

I don't see why prices would need to go up this year... We've not had significant beer price increases at the pub, maybe a couple of percent tops... The reason we've had to put our own prices up is mainly because of significant wage increases (and quite right too with everything that's going on.) Are the bars not run by volunteers?