Campervan tips

Hi guys, we’ve been to Glastonbury several times before but this year will be our first time in a campervan. We have an east blue quiet campervan ticket.

Does anyone have any top tips for us?

Have already been told to remove all glass before hand for example. 

We also wondered is there anywhere to get food or anything to do on the Tuesday when we arrive? 

thanks!

26 minutes ago, disappearwithoutatrace said:

Hi guys, we’ve been to Glastonbury several times before but this year will be our first time in a campervan. We have an east blue quiet campervan ticket.

We also wondered is there anywhere to get food or anything to do on the Tuesday when we arrive? 

thanks!

What type/size van are you in? Do you have electricity and solar panels?

43 minutes ago, disappearwithoutatrace said:

thanks!

Stayed in East Blue last year. Firstly it's brilliant - really chilled, you all get plenty of space, stewards are really attentive on arrival making sure you've enough room for awnings/tents etc. 

There are some food fans, but without being disrespectful to the vendors or yourself, I really would cook yourself any time you're at the campsite. There's amazing options when actually in the festival, but would say the campervan site options are more 'basic' - more like your typical food vans.

My top-tip would be - make sure all your water is filled as much as possible before you arrive. Filling them up on the Tuesday is a doddle, but when you get to Weds/Thurs it's a long long wait. 

Tuesday is a great day at the CV fields. I’d suggest bringing some food and drinks for a party and not rely on the food vendors as it’s limited. Absolutely go to the top of the Hill of Death from late afternoon onwards, it’s a really great atmosphere, lots of people congregate, beautiful views across the site, and there’s a little band who do a busking session as well. Chat to people, good chance you may bump into some eFest people. 

Getting in via gate C on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday can be a bit of a pain (its the only thing I can pick fault with but it does annoy me).

At busy times, when lots of people are leaving their vans and heading in to the festival to get to which ever stage they are heading to first there will be a queue at the gate. 

Its a shame West Campers is no more, never a queue and no hill!

I'm not sure why they don't increase the flow at busy times.

Just remember to allow extra time to get in or risk missing the first band you were heading for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Tuesday is a great day at the CV fields. I’d suggest bringing some food and drinks for a party and not rely on the food vendors as it’s limited. Absolutely go to the top of the Hill of Death from late afternoon onwards, it’s a really great atmosphere, lots of people congregate, beautiful views across the site, and there’s a little band who do a busking session as well. Chat to people, good chance you may bump into some eFest people. 

Can't believe we missed this last year - our first year so had no idea.

Will deffo head there this year. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They're planning to be there again this year, although with reduced members - Voodoo Tweed Cult Of Your Mum. If any of you were at the 2019 festival and saw them you'd have seen me playing double bass for them.

36 minutes ago, Jackal1 said:

Getting in via gate C on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday can be a bit of a pain (its the only thing I can pick fault with but it does annoy me).

At busy times, when lots of people are leaving their vans and heading in to the festival to get to which ever stage they are heading to first there will be a queue at the gate. 

Its a shame West Campers is no more, never a queue and no hill!

I'm not sure why they don't increase the flow at busy times.

Just remember to allow extra time to get in or risk missing the first band you were heading for.

My wife has been provided with a shortcut access route wristband this year (me too as her companion) which we hope to use for getting between Pyramid/Other/Leftfield areas, but I was wondering if it also allows access down the campervan hill, rather than having to go on the winding path to get in.  Does anyone know?  I am assuming we still need to queue as normal. 

Just now, Blisterpack said:

My wife has been provided with a shortcut access route wristband this year (me too as her companion) which we hope to use for getting between Pyramid/Other/Leftfield areas, but I was wondering if it also allows access down the campervan hill, rather than having to go on the winding path to get in.  Does anyone know?  I am assuming we still need to queue as normal. 

if it's an accesability related wristband, probably. If its just a hospitality wristband, probably not.

34 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

From memory I think the winding path is only in place for queuing, so only for Tuesday night/Wednesday - I don't remember having to go the long way round once the festival is in full swing. I could be wrong though as I haven't stayed in East CV since before Covid. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

From memory I think the winding path is only in place for queuing, so only for Tuesday night/Wednesday - I don't remember having to go the long way round once the festival is in full swing. I could be wrong though as I haven't stayed in East CV since before Covid. 

it's used whenever its busy, so most mornings around 10am when everyone is awake and heading into the site.

I assume crowd control stuff so people don't suddenly bunch up at the road crossing and get bundled under a tractor

Edited by paulshane

4 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Stayed in East Blue last year. Firstly it's brilliant - really chilled, you all get plenty of space, stewards are really attentive on arrival making sure you've enough room for awnings/tents etc. 

There are some food fans, but without being disrespectful to the vendors or yourself, I really would cook yourself any time you're at the campsite. There's amazing options when actually in the festival, but would say the campervan site options are more 'basic' - more like your typical food vans.

My top-tip would be - make sure all your water is filled as much as possible before you arrive. Filling them up on the Tuesday is a doddle, but when you get to Weds/Thurs it's a long long wait. 

Depending on what type of water receptacle you have I’d also suggest a bit of hosepipe and a funnel to assist when refilling. 

The taps are often fixed fairly high up and their spray is often erratic 

5 hours ago, disappearwithoutatrace said:

thanks!

bring something with you that you can warm up in one pan, we tended to bring a pre-made curry,  and some supermarket naan that we could warm under the grill or in the oven. cheap  tasty and easy, and cos its being  eaten  the first night it doessn't need storing with fridge space..

• Like 1

take a number of pints of milk in one pint containers, frozen at home before leaving, put them in the campervan fridge frozen, and they can help keep the fridge cold as they slowly unfreeze . you might have to manage them a little to ensure you always have some (not frozen)usable milk

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, disappearwithoutatrace said:

thanks!

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@StoneCircle posted a good vlog I think in the questions section ... but cant find it 

Here is a link to the Vlog thread 

😊

make sure you bring lots of cans, if you take a few cans in each time you go in, you should be able to avoid using the bars, and save yourselves loads of money.

2 hours ago, Blisterpack said:

Yes you can,  just approach the security guys and they will allow you to go down the hill. If there is a massive queue just cut through the live in vehicles on the right of the field to get to them. 😊

Just now, disappearwithoutatrace said:

Do we need levelling blocks for our campervan in blue east quiet? Is it all fairly level?

best to have them.