What is the ONE act that you have to see? (there are rules)

bennyhana22

Now that we know everything, now that there are only twelve (TWELVE!!) days until we return to the Promised Land, a follow up thread.

The game is this - name the one (no cheating...) act that you would always choose to see at this year's festival, if up against any other single act on your schedule. Remember, you still have all the rest on your list, but this is the one for which you would forgo any one other act, if it came to it.

It can be a live band/artist, a DJ, a poet, a comedian, a circus performer, a political figure on one of Billy's panels. Anything/one. But only one. If you like, indicate the stage and time too, as others might want to add your can't-miss act to their plans.

Mine:

Flyte - Avalon, Saturday, 1710-1810h

Whatcha got?

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22

I dont want to jinx myself cos i dont get my shifts til i get there, and im perfectly ready to miss whatever i have to miss, but the number one thing i want to see and will watch ahead of anything else: 

Nia Archives - west holts sunday, 8pm 

and there's barely a conceivable shift that can stymie this, so fingers crossed! 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Now that we know everything, now that there are only twelve (TWELVE!!) days until we return to the Promised Land, a follow up thread.

The game is this - name the one (no cheating...) act that you would always choose to see at this year's festival, if up against any other single act on your schedule. Remember, you still have all the rest on your list, but this is the one for which you would forego any one other act, if it came to it.

It can be a live band/artist, a DJ, a poet, a comedian, a circus performer, a political figure on one of Billy's panels. Anything/one. But only one. If you like, indicate the stage and time too, as others might want to add your can't-miss act to their plans.

Mine:

Flyte - Avalon, Saturday, 1710-1810h

Whatcha got?

Ben
x

Great idea.

Mine has to be Asha Puthli 12:30 — 13:30 Friday on West Holts.

A 4/5 way clash and none of the others stood a chance against her.

Black Pumas. 7:00pm. Sat. West Holts.

New discovery from this year's line up and rapidly became one of my new favourite bands. Nothing could tempt me away from that one.

• Like 1

Justice. We had to leave just before they headlined WH back in 2017 and when I watched it back I was raging we missed it as it was brilliant. Not missing them this time! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Really hard to pick one. Favourite acts I've already seen and/or will see later this summer,so the one I'll definitely catch is Arlo Parks Friday 18:00 - 19:00 Woodsies

Arlo vs PJ Harvey was my toughest call, clash wise.  Arlo won the day for me.

Tough question given this year's line-up really has no absolute must see, be there at all costs acts for me. 

I was going to say Big Special but I saw them a few weeks back (bloody excellent and I'll be watching them again). Because of that, if they'd been up against the other act I'm thinking of, I'd probably miss them.

So, based on I'd never pay to watch them, this will probably be the one and only time I'll see them, and the fact I think it will be great...

Avril Lavigne 😬 Other Stage, Sunday 18:00 - 19:00

Edited by Gnomicide
Added stage details.
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

All right then Coldplay Pyramid Stage Saturday night 2145-2345.

Damnit, I'm out of downvotes!!!

I'm actually starting to think the unthinkable and wondering whether it will be a stunning audiovisual spectacular.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, devonhammer said:

Damnit, I'm out of downvotes!!!

I'm actually starting to think the unthinkable and wondering whether it will be a stunning audiovisual spectacular.

Same. I'm tempted for a spec at the back where I can make a quick departure if needed.