What is the ONE act that you have to see? (there are rules)

bennyhana22

no ticket for me this year sadly... so theoretical.

I have always wanted to see LCD Soundsystem but that is a stinker of a slot.. The field is going to full of Dua Lipa fans and i fear they will have a similar atmosphere to The National when they had that slot a few years back..

For that reason, i would go for Jungle.. It will be a party.! (probably the spot that LCD should have had.. ) 

• Upvote 1

Dua and Jessie are both going to be top tier party moments, no doubt about it. But against the odds, I’m going to go with:

London Grammar - Sunday, The Park. 

Last time I saw the ‘Gram they played a venue in Melbourne worthy of their size as a band, but disconnected from any sense of occasion or intimacy. It didn’t work. For them to close Glastonbury on The Park stage has the potential to be a beautifully special moment. 

• Upvote 1

Jessie Ware currently my only must see. Her last 2 albums have been some of my favourites of the last 5 years and annoyingly every time she has played near us the dates have conspired. I don’t want to miss out on a set that will be full of those bangers and thankfully for me this time there’s nothing up against her that comes close. 

A few of my other very close to must sees are terrible clashes and I still haven’t worked out where I will be or what I will see but I know I will definitely be disco dancing on Saturday night at West Holts. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 4:32 PM, Olshansky said:

PJ Harvey - without a doubt.  Gonna try to be on the rail. 

would be very worthwhile

spellbinding at Primavera and on that basis is my lock of the week

if there arent tears i would be surprised!

close seconds are lcd and avril. LCD hasnt claimed top spot as i dont think they are suited to a pyramid sub type slot.

Edited by Memory Man

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

no ticket for me this year sadly... so theoretical.

I have always wanted to see LCD Soundsystem but that is a stinker of a slot.. The field is going to full of Dua Lipa fans and i fear they will have a similar atmosphere to The National when they had that slot a few years back..

For that reason, i would go for Jungle.. It will be a party.! (probably the spot that LCD should have had.. ) 

Couldnt agree more. Awful slot that has zero chance to beat 2016 but should still be excellent

6 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Saw PJ Harvey at Primavera. Fantastic set. I like Arlo but I’d recommend you choose PJ. 

Yes!! A million time this. It will be a jaw dropping show from PJ.

the kind of performance that will live in the memory. Like 2016!