Glastonbury 2024- bands/ artists on an upward trajectory

Mr Boo

Which of the bands/ artists playing this year are going to be massive/ future headliners or at least get bigger than they are at present- answers both before and after festival would be good 

Edited by Mr Boo

Think the next Fontaines album will shift them up another level, don’t think they are anywhere close to hitting their peak yet. Those that have heard the whole album insist it’s a game changer for them, the two songs I’ve heard are certainly a further evolution of their sound. Maybe not future headliners, but definitely on a strong upward curve.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Think the next Fontaines album will shift them up another level, don’t think they are anywhere close to hitting their peak yet. Those that have heard the whole album insist it’s a game changer for them, the two songs I’ve heard are certainly a further evolution of their sound. Maybe not future headliners, but definitely on a strong upward curve.

That’s exciting to hear, as they will be my Friday night headliner 

Sprints & Newdad both put out excellent debut albums that will see them though this festival season and next they will undoubtedly pick up more and more fans on the way.  

I guess the difficulty is whether 2 years or so time if they can put out quality second albums to keep it up. 

• Like 1

Not saying future headliners but 

Nia Archives absolutely smashed Parklife last weekend by all accounts and seems to be in the rise. Imagine she'll get a massive crowd on West Holts which will no doubt draw media attention. 

Kneecap are gonna have a big one, brand new album just out

Confidence Man seem to be growing a reputation as a live band, I know they're big already and sold out shows recently ridiculously quickly, but I imagine there's still room to grow. 

Anish Kumar has been getting plays on BBC 6 recently, I can see him continuing to grow as a DJ 

Edited by kemosabe

24 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Aurora 

Billie Marten

High Vis

K's 

All have a good chance of being bigger than they are and I think Last Dinner Party are possible future headliners. 

I absolutely love Aurora and will definitely be there for her - but isn't she pretty much exactly where she was when she played last time, which in turn was exactly where she was the time before? Can't see a strong upwards trajectory for her as her appeal is maybe a bit niche.

4 hours ago, incident said:

I absolutely love Aurora and will definitely be there for her - but isn't she pretty much exactly where she was when she played last time, which in turn was exactly where she was the time before? Can't see a strong upwards trajectory for her as her appeal is maybe a bit niche.

You're probably correct. It's probably wrong to think she's on a strong upwards trajectory but think she can grow in popularity a little more.

I think the GFL are hoping to nurture Little Simz as a future headliner.

Whether it’ll happen for her I don’t know (I love her but she needs a killer new album soon I think) 🤷‍♂️ 

31 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I think the GFL are hoping to nurture Little Simz as a future headliner.

Whether it’ll happen for her I don’t know (I love her but she needs a killer new album soon I think) 🤷‍♂️ 

I love her, but think even this slot is too high for her tbh.

She hasn’t risen in stature since SIMBI, last album went fairly unnoticed.

Would take a monumental leap to top the big one. 

13 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Sprints, Newdad, Fontaines - 

Honestly the Irish are absolutely killing it right now, so many bands on an upward trajectory. 

Ill add Kneecap to that list too. 

And of those playing the festival this year, you can add Lankum and Pillow Queens to that list as well!