Tips for IoW Festival Newbie Please

I've been to a few smaller festivals before, even volunteered at one, and camp a couple of times of year so got the gear and idea. 

We're doing the bog standard camping. Can anyone suggest where is a good area to pitch in the general camping areas? We're going to arrive around 10am on the Thursday in the hope we get a head start on the crowds.

How far is the walk from camping to the main festival? And car park to camping? Is it hilly?

Annoyingly you can't take you're own food and drink into the festival. Can anyone give me an idea on bar prices?

Any advice, hints, tips, etc. are welcome. 

Thanks in advance. 

The main stage is about 15 min walk from most of the camping, the car park to camping is a bit of a trek if you have a lot of camping gear with you, however there is trolleys for hire. Bar prices are quite high with a pint beer/cider coming in at around £5.60 if I remember from last year. You can take food and drink into your campsite area, there's a Co-Op on site which sells water/drinks/snacks/burgers etc etc. It's also cashless, so you'll need a card of some sort to pay.

It looks like the weather is going to hold out, maybe a bit rain on the Thursday, I would advise on taking some warm clothes to be on the safe side, even wellies.

Hope you have a good fest.

Edited by Rubbitfaemastrick
  • Thanks 1