What areas have special entry requirements and if so, what are they?

SilverLining

A good group of us are going and are heavily debating what to do/who to see.

I was just wandering if there were any areas that would mean standing in a Disneyland type queue such as NYC Downlow that I should know to anticipate!

• Upvote 1

I asked a similar question. Apparently you need to queue and buy a moustache to get into NYC Downlow. There was a female-only venue, but by the look of the website they are letting fellas in too now. There are staff bars, but you need a staff wristband. And there are VIP bars, but again, you'd need a wristband (and the people who go there aren't really very important...or you could say everyone is very important. But only those people with the expensive tickets can go there). That's what I've come away with after asking, anyway.

Edited by A Particular Grey Chihuahu
Autocorrect wants to say download instead of Downlow all the time

21 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I asked a similar question. Apparently you need to queue and buy a moustache to get into NYC Downlow. There was a female-only venue, but by the look of the website they are letting fellas in too now.

Men have always been welcome in NYC Downlow ever since it made its debut in 2007. Its a hedonistic LGBTQ nightclub and show bar. 

PS - I'm 100% straight male and have been in several times, starting on its debut in 2007.

16 hours ago, SilverLining said:

A good group of us are going and are heavily debating what to do/who to see.

I was just wandering if there were any areas that would mean standing in a Disneyland type queue such as NYC Downlow that I should know to anticipate!

There are so many things to do and see at the festival so don't get hung up on a potential queue at a particular place. Queues arise when safety stewards regulate entry and crowd flow to prevent crushing and personal injury. They can pop up across the site....which is huge. It can happen at stage areas, bars and even walkways.

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Men have always been welcome in NYC Downlow ever since it made its debut in 2007. Its a hedonistic LGBTQ nightclub and show bar. 

PS - I'm 100% straight male and have been in several times, starting on its debut in 2007.

I didn't say that was the venue that men weren't allowed. I said you need a moustache for that one. I've looked up the name of the (formerly) female-only venue and it's called Sistxrhood.