Prince

Garrypp

i know this has been talked about for ever but...it's a crying shame that the Purple One never graced the Pyramid. He'd have had one of the all time great sets. Watching the 85 concert on the iPlayer...genius!!  That O2 residency kind of set list...

14 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I remember seeing Hot Chip DJing a Prince set at Genosys one year - I think it was on a Thursday, but not 100% sure, anyway, it reminded me that I don't know as much Prince (beyond the obvious singles) as I think I did.

Raspberry Beret though...that is a bop.

that was a good gig, but rammed

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Saw him in 1990, certainly in my list of the very best acts never to have played Glastonbury. 

In a related subject, Stevie Nicks has given another interview where she says Fleetwood Mac won't tour again. Not unexpected but still a bugger.

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

What?

A non danceable to DJ set, what is this?

Hot Chip did a DJ set which was just prince music at Genosys.  It was really good but there were lot's of cuts which I didn't know.  I think Alexis is a massive Prince fan.

It wasn't a comment on Prince's music, more a reflection of how much stuff I didn't know.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In a related subject, Stevie Nicks has given another interview where she says Fleetwood Mac won't tour again. Not unexpected but still a bugger.

My hope is at least they reconcile with Lindsey. It would be too sad if that never happens. 

6 hours ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

Was lucky enough to see him twice during that O2 residency…he was just incredible live. Would have been brilliant on the Pyramid.

I saw one night of that run... it proved how important it really is to get to the show on time. He opened with Purple Rain, the two seats to our left were empty for the first half hour of the show. Eventually, the two people who'd bought them arrived, apparently they'd had an extra drink in the restaurant, but on hearing they'd were 30 minutes late they said at least we won't have missed Purple Rain. At the end, they expressed shock at it not being played... we didn't have the heart to tell them what that drink cost! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I remember seeing Hot Chip DJing a Prince set at Genosys one year - I think it was on a Thursday, but not 100% sure, anyway, it reminded me that I don't know as much Prince (beyond the obvious singles) as I think I did.

Raspberry Beret though...that is a bop.

Remember arguing heavy with the bouncer who wouldnt let me in. I was rammed first in line when they closed it off. Ran from Pyramid stage there. It wasnt a thursday. Still sad i missed it..

• Upvote 1