There's nothing I want to see

Stu H

19 hours ago, Neil said:

its time to reconsider your festival choices, to find what floats your boat.

But there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

It may be shaping up to be my best yet, for the very reason of no pressure to see much at all.

17 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Tried entering the crowd half way down but pathes in were rammed and figured how do I get out for a piss in a 3 hour set! Ended up by the bogs on some high ground over to the left. Was fine actually - good view from there.

thats generally my goto place for all pyrimid acts, either there or I try and get in to the D ring near the front

On 6/19/2024 at 10:06 AM, Skip997 said:

It’s a cracking line up this year with a lovely lack of old duffers clogging up the Pyramid 

This is the content I'm here for. 

@Skip997 and @Suprefan providing the ray of sunshine when so much around them is dark 🙂 

As @dccool says, back in the day you wouldn't have the faintest idea who was on. 

Indeed going way back when it was only two stages half the acts on the second stage were very much a mystery even when you saw the names.  People just made their way to the site, wandered around until they found something that they like the sound of and had a party, no need to overthink it 🍺

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

But there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

i get that but its maybe time to accept that glastonbury has moved on but you haven't.

I feel the same no one I have to see or would miss by not seeing, I felt selfish for having a ticket for a good while and nearly didn't pay the balance but I plan on going to comedy stage ect not having done in 10 festivals, my kids will be coming on the Friday so that adds a different side of the festival 

16 hours ago, Neil said:

i get that but its maybe time to accept that glastonbury has moved on but you haven't.

seems a bit harsh.

There are many great things I will see and enjoy next week.

It may well turn out to be my favourite.

17 hours ago, clarkete said:

This is the content I'm here for. 

@Skip997 and @Suprefan providing the ray of sunshine when so much around them is dark 🙂 

As @dccool says, back in the day you wouldn't have the faintest idea who was on. 

Indeed going way back when it was only two stages half the acts on the second stage were very much a mystery even when you saw the names.  People just made their way to the site, wandered around until they found something that they like the sound of and had a party, no need to overthink it 🍺

Yes - and I would say 90% of the most amazing things I have seen over the years have been by pure chance, and often not something I would even pick out in advance even if I knew about it.

49 minutes ago, Stu H said:

seems a bit harsh.

There are many great things I will see and enjoy next week.

It may well turn out to be my favourite.

sometimes the truth needs saying, there's a huge range of stuff to see if you can't find something you want to see the problem is you and not whats been booked.

50 minutes ago, Stu H said:

Yes - and I would say 90% of the most amazing things I have seen over the years have been by pure chance, and often not something I would even pick out in advance even if I knew about it.

i agree, many of the best things I've seen at glasto have been by chance, wandering and going with the flow can bring its rewards. there's so much there and loads of it is fantastic, i hope the op finds his new favourite thing. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neil said:

sometimes the truth needs saying, there's a huge range of stuff to see if you can't find something you want to see the problem is you and not whats been booked.

You’ve missed the entire point of the thread. Read it back.

also, no need for rudeness, it’s not in the spirit of this Festival.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

also, no need for rudeness, it’s not in the spirit of this Festival.

Yes, and not everyone has the time to sift through every act and check to see if you like them or not, so I think it's fair enough to say there's nothing that you particularly want to go to. 

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

also, no need for rudeness,

your speciality, 

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Neil said:

your speciality, 

Hey, it's Friday afternoon, the sun is out, let's all be nice and have a group hug.  

I even promise to keep my trousers on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Hey, it's Friday afternoon, the sun is out, let's all be nice and have a group hug.  

I even promise to keep my trousers on. 

indeed, I’m not sure what the angst is about.

I’m looking forward to an amazing festival, as always!

55 minutes ago, Stu H said:

indeed, I’m not sure what the angst is about.

you can't handle the truth, you've outgrown it.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I’ve outgrown you. Cheer up.

very happy living it up only dealing with sh*t for giggles.

Edited by Neil

37 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I wish you a wonderful festival. 

thanks i'm looking forward to missing the sh*t on tv. 

2 hours ago, Stu H said:

I wish you a wonderful festival. 

Ironically, he’s not going because he doesn’t like the lineup and couldn’t find anything he wanted to see and now he’s calling you out for saying the same thing. 

Neil, it’s festival time… wind it in please!