Will you be watching IDLES or Fontaines?

ringRiff

We're all trying to work out who to see so share your thoughts.

Who's releasing better music, who's better live, which stage is in the better location for prior/later acts etc

Edited by ringRiff

I've seen both and I'd say IDLES. Both very good live. Both got great music out, but the IDLES live put on a real show and with the run up to a general election it might get a bit political.

Having said that, I'm seeing IDLES in July, so might see Fontaines DC. This is the worst clash in terms of audience overlap.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

I've seen both and I'd say IDLES. Both very good live. Both got great music out, but the IDLES live put on a real show and with the run up to a general election it might get a bit political.

Having said that, I'm seeing IDLES in July, so might see Fontaines DC. This is the worst clash in terms of audience overlap.

Yeah, seen them both multiple times and would say IDLES shows stand out. But the Park @ night is beaut

Edited by ringRiff

IDLES. Neither really grab me but from what I've seen, IDLES put on a more exciting live show. Plus, I've never seen an Other Stage headliner so it's one to tick off.

There is the added bonus that if it's a bit sh*t, I can leave and go to Fontaines.

I'm currently in a pickle over whether to see Jamie xx or Fontaines DC. It's a true battle between my indie persona and my dance music persona, I should imagine it will come down to how inebriated I am at the time! 

I won't be seeing either so take this with a hefty pinch of salt, but I'd say Fontaines are a much better band. I did love that first Idles album but nowadays I find them a bit cringe tbh. Two great live bands though to be fair, if you're not a nobhead like me

Dua Lipa.

But I've seen both Idles and Fontaines live, and I'd recommend the former. Think that Other headline slot could go off this year – 2019 on the Park was unreal, and I think this could be another 'moment' for them.

Ultimately, Idles live show is a bit more exciting, whereas Fontaines I find a bit one-note.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

I wouldn't be watching either, if shifts allow I'll be at Dua Lipa.

However, after seeing what happened when Wet Leg played the Park, and hearing about how busy Fatboy Slim was last year, I'd make sure I got there early if I really wanted to see Fontaines desperately. 

IDLES Saw them recently in Leeds in a warehouse venue, and the new stuff with the older stuff sounded incredible, the energy was awesome!

In fact its probably the best gig I've ever been to 

They will absolutely smash it, with the bonus of them been fairly local and will rip into the Tories.... its a no brainer for me