Will you be watching IDLES or Fontaines?

ringRiff

Just now, med said:

I've been really indecisive over this one, seen them both a few times and I love them both, but it' going to be IDLES. 

Just now, med said:

I've been really indecisive over this one, seen them both a few times and I love them both, but it' going to be IDLES. 

That's if I'm not on shift!!  I wish I hadn't said that now..

Good song ratio heavily leans towards FDC, Starburster is one of the singles of the year, and they were great in 2022.

I promised my partner I'll be at Jungle though who I'm also looking forward to. 

Like a lot of you my Saturday night is baron while Friday and Sunday is full of tough choices.

• Like 1

Idles for me 

seen them loads of times and seen fontaines 3  times 

last time saw Fontaine’s was primavera and felt they dialed it in a bit. Got the feeling the whole band thought they were too cool for school. Still got plenty of bangers though and that new tune is great 

idles have been great every time and I have no doubt they will smash it again. The park 2019 set someone mentioned earlier was one of my fav ever sets / gigs. Absolutely cracking. 

would watch both if didn’t clash but will opt for idles 

I've seen IDLES I think 7 times, and another one booked in for Glasgow in November. The closest I have been to Fontaines is trying and failing to squeeze into a packed Leftfield tent in 2019.

My head says it makes sense to go to Fontaines. But my heart says IDLES all the way!!!

I think ultimately it comes down to how much you want your gig to go off. If the answer is "a lot, please" than go with IDLES!

Edited by Sasperella2

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's the weirdest clash from the entire weekend. I can only imagine that the bookers had no choice? I think I'd have to go for IDLES. Other Stage headline slot will be a real moment for them

The Kiwanuka v Bloc Party is also mighty annoying...but not quite as ridiculous as this one. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

Idles are one of the best live bands around, I’m seeing them in a few weeks’ time and have tickets for the Fontaines tour too…will probably do Idles again (unless I’m on shift) 

Are you going to the Wyldes? If you're there, I'll be the guy on the fat-tyred trike.

Without a doubt the worst clash of the weekend for me, but IDLES will be my choice.  As others have said the energy they'll bring to a headline performance will be immense.

I went to see Limp Bizkit in Margate at the weekend, which was probably one of best gigs I've been to, but I reckon Idles are going to top that next week.  The pit won't be for the weak hearted that's for sure.

To make the pain a bit easier I've booked to see Fontaines in Berlin in November.  They've got Wunderhorse supporting them so should be a cracker.

IDLES for sure.

This years album launch @ Bristol Marble Factory was mega - The set list, a perfect blend of old and new to fire up the pit!!

I feel one of the only headliners that will truly "get it"!

Chuck in a heady mix of political realism, love and energy, the answers are there!!

Not to take anything away from Fontaines mind 😏... a painful clash !

IMG_5037.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 505 said:

I'm currently in a pickle over whether to see Jamie xx or Fontaines DC. It's a true battle between my indie persona and my dance music persona, I should imagine it will come down to how inebriated I am at the time! 

Same here! 

2 hours ago, R.Send said:

IDLES for sure.

This years album launch @ Bristol Marble Factory was mega - The set list, a perfect blend of old and new to fire up the pit!!

I feel one of the only headliners that will truly "get it"!

Chuck in a heady mix of political realism, love and energy, the answers are there!!

Not to take anything away from Fontaines mind 😏... a painful clash !

IMG_5037.jpg

It was a brilliant gig, wasn’t it? Apart from (like most) having to carry the LP around all night. 😂