What time does the queue tend to move faster? Wed

Claire0406

Maybe.  Gates are at 8 and in recent years there's been more and more people (like us) getting there in the early hours and setting up in the queue.  By 11am certainly they'll have processed loads of the early arrivals so it maybe fairly quick.

Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on this thread, but I'm looking for some advice around arrival strategy too.

The past 2 times I've been we've got there around 4am and stayed in the queue overnight. Now the earliest we can get there this year is 7am, so I'm just wondering if there's any actual point in getting there at that time? Will the queue just be unbearably long and not worth waiting a couple more hours?

We're hoping to camp in Paines if that helps 

Edit: 2 big tents 2 small tents

Edited by eddio182

2 minutes ago, eddio182 said:

Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on this thread, but I'm looking for some advice around arrival strategy too.

The past 2 times I've been we've got there around 4am and stayed in the queue overnight. Now the earliest we can get there this year is 7am, so I'm just wondering if there's any actual point in getting there at that time? Will the queue just be unbearably long and not worth waiting a couple more hours?

We're hoping to camp in Paines if that helps 

Edit: 2 big tents 2 small tents

Guess you will want to head to Gate D. The queue will be huge at that point. I don't think it would make much difference to arrive at 8 or 9 at least the queue will be moving by then. Most of the queue will have gone by 11.

22 minutes ago, eddio182 said:

Cheers - do you reckon there's still be enough space in Paines to arrive at 8/9ish?

There better be!  We are on a coach this year and not getting in until about 3/4pm.  

Last few years we have queued from 5/6am and been in by 9am.  2019 arrived about 7am and were redirected to Gate A rather than D and didn't get in until about 11/12 (by which time new arrivals were walking straight through Gate D).  Gate A gets really slow for a while as the Coaches are prioritised so avoid it.

To be honest theres no drama - Paines is huge and I think we will be OK when we arrive, just a bit more towards the back than our usual spot.  You arriving in the morning should be fine.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Northtim said:

There better be!  We are on a coach this year and not getting in until about 3/4pm.  

Last few years we have queued from 5/6am and been in by 9am.  2019 arrived about 7am and were redirected to Gate A rather than D and didn't get in until about 11/12 (by which time new arrivals were walking straight through Gate D).  Gate A gets really slow for a while as the Coaches are prioritised so avoid it.

To be honest theres no drama - Paines is huge and I think we will be OK when we arrive, just a bit more towards the back than our usual spot.  You arriving in the morning should be fine.

Anything you can do to avoid getting directed to gate A? Looking to arrive at around 8am