pyramid, projection for coldplay again?

djp

Just now, Long Drop said:

Well, they were a different style to these towers, these look like regular spotlight towers. Also the 2011 towers were positioned more behind the stage.

ah yeah see what you mean .... I guess technology might have advanced somewhat ... not long till we find out 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

They are for Coldplay, plus more. 

You’ll find out soon 

I don't have anything on on Saturday, but I've actively avoided Coldplay in the past. However, I do love a good show, so @Skip997, do you think that it will be an amazing show?

Anyone got any insight as to whether they are doing the wristbands again or whether that was too much a negative environmental thing in 2016 to do now? Realise they are returnable ones at their own gigs but that will be pretty hard to do at Glasto (although it is Saturday so could try!)

9 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Anyone got any insight as to whether they are doing the wristbands again or whether that was too much a negative environmental thing in 2016 to do now? Realise they are returnable ones at their own gigs but that will be pretty hard to do at Glasto (although it is Saturday so could try!)

Yep the wristbands are definately happening … there’s 120k of them and looks like collection points going out around the place 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashl said:

I don't think returnable is even that difficult to do at Glastonbury. Just have a dozen or so collection baskets strategically placed at the exits to the field. Put them there before the set finishes, collect them up about 90 minutes later, and have a steward at each one so that some twat doesn't dump his half eaten burger in it. Put a flashing light on them to make it obvious.

I suspect the bigger obstacle is that you'll get a large number, probably a majority, who'll want it as a keepsake.

Edited by incident

20 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't think returnable is even that difficult to do at Glastonbury. Just have a dozen or so collection baskets strategically placed at the exits to the field. Put them there before the set finishes, collect them up about 90 minutes later, and have a steward at each one so that some twat doesn't dump his half eaten burger in it. Put a flashing light on them to make it obvious.

I suspect the bigger obstacle is that you'll get a large number, probably a majority, who'll want it as a keepsake.

Happens at their shows too... Annoying because it's essentially e-waste. They 'can' be opened up and made to light up again, as I've seen it done on youtube, but it's not easy, and pretty pointless, as it just lights up a solid colour IIRC.