Who’s going to steal the festival?

JNET012

i can't really see anyone running away with it this year.

i dont think anyone will be talking about Dua / Coldplay / SZA... a week after the festival they'll be long forgotten.

it'll probably end up being someone on Jazz/World, or somewhere, someone i've never heard of and everyone will be damn did you see that!

The act that steals the festival is by nature usually something unexpected and lower down. Janelle has done it before. Last year for me Young Fathers, CMAT and Rina were up there.

I'm really not sure who it will be this year but it can't or shouldn't be a pyramid headliner as surely they are expected to be good otherwise they wouldn't be a pyramid headliner.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

The act that steals the festival is by nature usually something unexpected and lower down. Janelle has done it before. Last year for me Young Fathers, CMAT and Rina were up there.

I'm really not sure who it will be this year but it can't or shouldn't be a pyramid headliner as surely they are expected to be good otherwise they wouldn't be a pyramid headliner.

Was gonna say this, by being the headliner its kind of their show to steal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Not sure I agree about that the 2 talking points when I got back to the office last year was Elton and Lewis Capaldi

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Avril 100%

You know you might just have a point......

But over all I reckon Dua could well be the one for the water cooler this year, If Friday wasn't such a clash heavy evening I would have tried to catch at least some of her set

1 hour ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Not sure I agree about that the 2 talking points when I got back to the office last year was Elton and Lewis Capaldi

But I would have expected Elton to be talked about hence he isn't stealing it. It's his for the taking. Lewis Capaldi I get that (although that was more the crowd reaction to a situation rather than him having a blinder bless him) Stealing the festival to me is someone having a blinder of a performance at just that perfect moment.

59 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

Confidence Man.

Good call. 

Idles are always great live, not sure about them smashing for the wider public though.

Hopefully Little SImz will in a prime spot.

Coldplay I suppose will again on TV, though nothing they haven't done before as someone said. 

2 hours ago, PaintedInSand said:

Confidence Man.

I really like them and will be at their set but I do wonder what kind of crowd they'll get, is Other going to be too big for them? (In relation to the crowd size I mean)

Edited by DareToDibble