Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

21 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Both flu and covid are alike in that they effect people in a variety of different ways, and with a level of immunity, either natural or via vaccine (and flu vaccines are pretty common) they can reduce the symptoms down to that of a nasty cold.

Even different strains can affect you in different ways. Between April 2022 and May 2023 I had a horrible run of picking up covid and 5 different cold/flu bugs, and they all affected me with different issues and different levels of severity. The April '22 strain of covid was really bad - was basically bed bound for 2 weeks and had the worst sore throat I've ever had, while a January 2023 flu I got while out on my birthday was similarly horrible.

It's just annoying as much as anything. 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:45 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

In  and e … just been brought in by ambo … was showing some stroke signs so mates got me to call ambulance … I’ve been checked and they think it’s bells pausey . Back in waiting room now after assessment . No idea the wait … hopefully Itll be a few hours max and I can continue packing . Face might be a bit dropped during the fest though 

Oh sh*t I'm sorry that sounds horrible. Fingers crossed for the best recovery possible.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, wetwipes said:

Sorry to hear anyone is not feeling great at the festival.  Any problems I ever had were self-inflicted, sun-inflicted or sciatica. I hope you all feel better soon. 

Happy to be watching ont'elly in Ireland.    

Btw @Crazyfool01 You featured in Anne-Marie's set on telly yesterday.

20240629_153258.jpg

Spotted.

Ran out of upvotes.

Now coming down with cold symptoms- not surprised as there were a lot of people coughing around me all festival (not sure if that was because of the dust or if they were unwell or both).

My body is also reminding me that I’m now in my fifties and sleeping in a tent and walking miles each day, comes with consequences 😆

Loved being at the festival though and will have some quality time on my sofa today and think about that amazing weekend.

Tomorrow back off the sofa and off to see AC/DC 🤘

Fair play to this guy who felt unwell, went to the medical tent, who confirmed he was having a heart attack and got him sorted out while the ambulance came, went off to hospital and...

... CAME BACK TO THE FESTIVAL 

GRexQNFXgAAFiVP.jpeg

Edited by scmusic
added image

On 6/29/2024 at 8:31 PM, charlierc said:

Throat yesterday felt rotten. Tested negative for the rona, but not ideal either, particularly as it's super hot in my house.

Test again tomorrow, I felt shite for 2 days and tested negative, did one more when I was still crap on the 4th day and was testing positive for the next 5.  As luck would have it I was part of the ONS testing study group so had a bunch of tests lying around.

5 hours ago, Spindles said:

Test again tomorrow, I felt shite for 2 days and tested negative, did one more when I was still crap on the 4th day and was testing positive for the next 5.  As luck would have it I was part of the ONS testing study group so had a bunch of tests lying around.

Not far removed than me then. Tested negative after feeling crap for 3 days, then on day 4, got the dreaded double lines.

Husband has tested positive for Covid today. I am negative but during the festival I was coughing loads. Wondering now if I may have caught it early in the festival and be coming out the other side/no longer testing positive by now. That’s the hope at least as I am meant to be going to Janelle Monae on Thursday. 

I haven't done a COVID test, but I've definitely come back with something. Glad I have a few days before returning to work to try and shake it off. Sore throat and coughing, some sneezing too. 

Seemed to escape free of illness after last year's festival, but did catch COVID in 2022. I remember feeling worse than I do now after that year