Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

Just now, AdrianH said:

Gut was bad immediately and never recovered - way too many trips to the long drops were involved - and then a tickly/persistent cough from Thursday onwards. Most likely Covid.

Didn't ruin the festival but I just didn't have the energy I'd usually have and felt unwell for most of the festival.

Immodium is king. I neck one after my Thursday morning poop show and that keeps me on a 1 every morning schedule. Reckon I spent a combined 6 minutes in the longdrops this year for plopsies.

Sorry for everyone feeling so rough.

By comparison having had heat rash and tender soles from walking 7 times as many steps as I do on a normal day it seems like I got off lightly.

The on site pharmacist was very helpful with the rash, had a look and a chat, said I should get a long sleeved loose fitting shirt. 

Walked to stall opposite and bought myself a nice blouse, felt like Morrissey (before we knew he was a n*b).

When I asked my GP how I could avoid such a rash in future their advice was similar to @The Red Telephone "not go to Glastonbury?"

• Like 2

We've come back with Covid, had a really bad sore throat (which I initially blamed on singing loudly/chatting), headache, flem on chest. Tbh I've come back from Glasto in the past feeling a lot worse but had to do a test as I've got elderly parents who are already pretty poorly so last thing I would want is to take it to them. Hope everyone feels better soon 

4 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

We've come back with Covid, had a really bad sore throat (which I initially blamed on singing loudly/chatting), headache, flem on chest.

That's how it starts tbf. I thought the reason why I had a suspect feeling in my throat last Wednesday was because of singing loud and lots of chat at Foo Fighters in Cardiff, plus I'd been singing in the car there/back, plus it was super hot and I hadn't drunk so much. And yet, by Saturday, it was all much worse.

Sorry to you and indeed to all the rest in this thread who are struggling with post-festival ailments.

In bed with fever and fluorescent yellow snotfest (sure you need to know that), but being well looked after. Son's girlfriend has come over and is cooking dinner. Poor husband didn't make it to the long drops in time on Sunday and had to buy some fetching elephant print boxers to replace written off undies. He was fine after that so reckon it was over indulgence in apple juice and coffee.  

As a bit of a veteran I reckon a bit more attention should be paid to the fitness for Glastonbury thread😉, and a bit more attention to hygiene on site. Sanitiser after using the bogs and also before eating. Saw many ignore the sanitiser on exiting the long drops. 
ok. Might not prevent all the infections, the shits, sore throats etc but should cutdown on them. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2024 at 7:09 PM, Penrhos said:

I feel like I'm dying..

Got two blisters on my left heal from the long walk back from Arcadia to Hitchin hill campsite (when it shut).

I'm coughing up what looks like soil (probably from the amount of dust breathed in).

I clocked up over 120,000 steps in four days - I usually do < 30,000 a week.

Knackered my phone and had to buy a new one today.

And to top it all tested +ve for covid this morning.

We camped in Hitchin and I could hear lots of people around us coughing and it had increased by Sunday that it sounded like everyone was coughing, especially in the morning. 

I don't know what's wrong with me but I find the walk from Park/Arcadia back to Hitchin a breeze. 

I've had a sore throat and a cough since Sunday and a sensitive tummy since Monday evening but I'm feeling for my diabetic friend as she got rushed to A&E with sickness and diarrhoea and ketones. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

As a bit of a veteran I reckon a bit more attention should be paid to the fitness for Glastonbury thread😉, and a bit more attention to hygiene on site. Sanitiser after using the bogs and also before eating. Saw many ignore the sanitiser on exiting the long drops.

Ah that may not be entirely fair.

Especially since COVID, it's become more common for people to carry their own hand sanitiser of choice with them at Festivals rather than use the supplied gloop. Would imagine most of the people you saw walking away have already done their own thing, or are about to.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Especially since COVID, it's become more common for people to carry their own hand sanitiser of choice with them at Festivals rather than use the supplied gloop. Would imagine most of the people you saw walking away have already done their own thing, or are about to.

It's weird that there's no hand sanitizer outside the urinals ... You have to go looking for it around the long drops but when it's really busy they are hard to find

6 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah, I’ll accept that, though the sanitising before eating is as  important as after using bogs  given the amount of surfaces, ground that’s been touched. We used our own sanitiser but I’m sure the gloop is equally as good. 

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

I have a sore throat today which seems to have been dampened by a hot cup of tea so far! Feel a bit groggy though.

I think most folk have a throat that’s like swallowing razor blades. A combination of inhaling dust for five days, singing at the top of your voice and a wide selection of viruses😊😉