Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yeah, I’ll accept that, though the sanitising before eating is as  important as after using bogs  given the amount of surfaces, ground that’s been touched. We used our own sanitiser but I’m sure the gloop is equally as good. 

After a leakage incident in my pocket once, and the fact that the provided stuff seems to always be available now, I've just gone onto using that. 

Starting to feel worse before I get better it seems. Had a sore throat since Sunday, been snotty the last day or so and woke up with horrendous aches this morning.

Covid test is negative so I’ve not caught that. 

Seems to be a lot of different stuff going around this year. 

Not helping my Glasto blues either 😭

15 hours ago, Adster said:

Sore throat on Sunday which I put down to poor sleep. Been ill since with classic cold symptoms, runny nose, sore throat, bad head, chills. Checked for COVID earlier after reading this thread and negative, so just a combination of a cold and being very run down.

You may still have Covid, my other half tested positive, I tested negative but we have the exact same symptoms. I've always been negative on antigen tests, it was only ever back when you had to do PCR tests after travelling that I have ever showed up positive

14 hours ago, gazzared said:

It's weird that there's no hand sanitizer outside the urinals ... You have to go looking for it around the long drops but when it's really busy they are hard to find

I dunno.  Aren't the urinals often a metal fence with a blue tarp or whatever inside, whereas they currently fasten to the side of the long drops which are a fixed and solid structure. 

I only ever saw the sanitiser a few feet away from the urinals and they always had some available amongst the set of dispensers, plus queue.  Indeed there was often fairly easy access to a tap in several of those places - even in really high traffic areas like the ones near San Remo at the bottom of Woodsies hill.  

I always take my own sanitiser - the free stuff is a bit sticky  and dries my hands out...

I've avoided the shits/vomiting somehow. and only had "night terrors" Monday night. so apart from covid I feel I got off lightly for being overweight and unfit.

19 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

When you read this thread, it's a wonder why we put ourselves through it every year! 😂

In fairness it wasn't our idea to add covid to every other illness you could get.

Food poisoning seems to be a theme, mind. There were a lot of people who said one of the food stalls at Download was shut down due to it giving a lot of people the shits.

19 hours ago, Adster said:

Sore throat on Sunday which I put down to poor sleep. Been ill since with classic cold symptoms, runny nose, sore throat, bad head, chills. Checked for COVID earlier after reading this thread and negative, so just a combination of a cold and being very run down.

That's how it can be deceptive though. I tested negative for covid last Saturday, then last Sunday did another test and got a positive (along with one I did yesterday). So might be something to keep an eye on just in case you think it's something to worry about.

Was absolutely rotten last year. Sweating, shivering. Cough. Blocked Nose. Vomiting. Had to take my car to an MOT as well and it was a waiting appointment so sat on the wall outside and thought I was dying.

Booked it in before this year. And managed to avoid all sickness. Took vitamins this year and a nose spray so hopefully that helped.

53 minutes ago, monday said:

Was absolutely rotten last year. Sweating, shivering. Cough. Blocked Nose. Vomiting. Had to take my car to an MOT as well and it was a waiting appointment so sat on the wall outside and thought I was dying.

Booked it in before this year. And managed to avoid all sickness. Took vitamins this year and a nose spray so hopefully that helped.

I did both too- can confirm it didn’t / doesn’t, well with covid it doesn’t.

Separately I went to vote today- wore a mask. Got asked to remove it- I asked them if they were sure as I was coughing with confirmed covid- they said just briefly and then warned it was at their own risk. Took appropriate steps- but not letting it stop me screwing over the Tories 😷