Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

17 hours ago, Spindles said:

Same deal for me, I'm basically telling everyone who tested negative when they got home to test again in a couple of days.  I'd been crappy for 4 days before the test showed it. 

I retested and was still negative 2 days later but I do still feel knackered and have a cough and my husband is still testing positive. My thoughts were that I probably got it first and am past being contagious as I started coughing way before him but put it down to the dust and the fact that I had a cold the week before. 

22 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I retested and was still negative 2 days later but I do still feel knackered and have a cough and my husband is still testing positive. My thoughts were that I probably got it first and am past being contagious as I started coughing way before him but put it down to the dust and the fact that I had a cold the week before. 

Rubbish 🙁. Get well soon. 

4 hours ago, -TLR- said:

thought it was a cold, did a covid test tuesday and negative.

got worse overnight, just done a covid test and, yep, positive.

so i have now gotten covid for the fourth feckin' time!

Just done another test here and yep, now got the 2 lines as I suspected all along. Not at all surprised

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

always been interested in this since the debates around the 2021 festivals - covid people, did you spend a lot of time at indoor venues? DJ sets and the like?  

nope, not at all!

been trying to think, and i'm almost certain that aside from spending most of wednesday afternoon inside the Avalon Inn, i can't remember even going into an indoor venue this year.

i think the only covered venues i went to were two shows in the Avalon stage.

mmm....  ok....  Avalon Field not happy and trying to get back at us maybe??

😀

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

The dust was so much easier for me this year weirdly. I came away from last year blowing black goop out my nose and with a cough, but otherwise wasn't actually ill and it went away within a day or two of being away from the dust. It was just as dry and warm this year but no dust issues! Though my white t shirts and shorts indicate there was a lot of it!!

Edited by efcfanwirral

I'm pretty much recovered now. Dunno if it was covid, we didn't have any tests left, but I did have a fever for two days and my chest was terrible. Been very very tired but hard to tell how much was lack of sleep catch up vs being ill vs 260,000 steps vs going straight back to work on Tues. 

Feel well today, still tired but whatever viral thing got me I've got over pretty quick. 

Just about recovered from my fall on Monday and then started another cold/cough/headache yesterday. Off sick today and exhausted - have gone through half a box of tissues today. Feel rubbish- although election results did cheer me up a bit 🤧😷 Spent most of the day dozing and sneezing in front of telly watching people coming and going at number 10. 

8 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Exact same thing with my boyfriend and I. He's got some coldy symptoms but not too bad, and is testing negative - was having a dreadful time with the dust. I too struggled at the festival since Saturday, had a hellish journey home and tested positive on Tuesday - never felt so ill in my life! The fever is gone but the rest is still pissing me off.

I made the mistake of thinking I could go from five days at the farm, straight back to Frome on the first train out (with no sleep overnight), kip a bit at Frome, then launch straight into the 23 hour journey back to Melbourne.

Err, no. Not at 46. I arrived back feeling OK, but once I'd done the essentials (shower, unnpack, laundry, food), it hit me. After night one, I had a shocking sore throat and total fatigue; tell-tale signs for you know what. But the test said negative, and I think I just picked up a cold at some point either at the festival or on the plane(s) home. Last night was the worst - proper fever and bad headache. The drinks celebrating the election result won't have helped.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I made the mistake of thinking I could go from five days at the farm, straight back to Frome on the first train out (with no sleep overnight), kip a bit at Frome, then launch straight into the 23 hour journey back to Melbourne.

Err, no. Not at 46. I arrived back feeling OK, but once I'd done the essentials (shower, unnpack, laundry, food), it hit me. After night one, I had a shocking sore throat and total fatigue; tell-tale signs for you know what. But the test said negative, and I think I just picked up a cold at some point either at the festival or on the plane(s) home. Last night was the worst - proper fever and bad headache. The drinks celebrating the election result won't have helped.

It's a bit bloody chilly in Melbourne too!

Woke up with a heavy cold this morning after just the normal post Glastonbury blues and tiredness all week.

Currently necking a Lemsip looking at the rain on the window, feeling low and thinking "This time last week" 

Trying not to think "Your 50 now you need to wind it in a  bit" 

Edited by faymondo

11 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Woke up with a heavy cold this morning after just the normal post Glastonbury blues and tiredness all week.

Currently necking a Lemsip looking at the rain on the window, feeling low and thinking "This time last week" 

Trying not to think "Your 50 now you need to wind it in a  bit" 

There’s just a lot of germs around this year, I’ve never felt so rubbish after Glastonbury before but it’s not my age, it’s just Covid and other bugs.   Having said that I’m going to sort out my core strength before next year so I can party later without my back causing me issues. 

1 hour ago, Pipine said:

Having said that I’m going to sort out my core strength before next year so I can party later without my back causing me issues. 

Promised myself I would do that this year and....well, let's just say that I preferred an afternoon on the sofa with a good book.  I coped well this year, but I have never in all my years been as ruined as this after a festival.  There was barely a part of me not screaming in pain when I moved Tuesday, now it's the weekend and I'm still feeling run down.

Most years in the past I've done a fair amount of walking and cycling in the months running up to the festival.  That clearly needs to happen for me next year.

Edited by Spindles

On 7/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, Helsbels said:

You may still have Covid, my other half tested positive, I tested negative but we have the exact same symptoms. I've always been negative on antigen tests, it was only ever back when you had to do PCR tests after travelling that I have ever showed up positive

On 7/4/2024 at 5:40 PM, charlierc said:

That's how it can be deceptive though. I tested negative for covid last Saturday, then last Sunday did another test and got a positive (along with one I did yesterday). So might be something to keep an eye on just in case you think it's something to worry about.

Faint, but I'm testing positive today

12 hours ago, milly16 said:

Still no voice and awful cough since last Saturday….

Snap. No other symptoms and I feel fine tbh, but I'm sounding like I've been smoking 40 a day since I was a child. Tickly irritating cough too.

Did do a test as I was with friends all week, but nope, negative. Just your bog standard virus I guess.