Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Same position here.  Bad guts but nothing debilitating, aches and pains have gone but I just feel constantly fatigued.  Could just lie down and go to sleep at any point, despite having got plenty of sleep since getting back.

Exact same, guts were bad but not dangerously so. Weirdly relieved to hear someone has same! One of our group had similar week before going but it had gone by time festival came round. Was a Covid variant with him. I’ve not tested so no idea if it is or not

5 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Exact same, guts were bad but not dangerously so. Weirdly relieved to hear someone has same! One of our group had similar week before going but it had gone by time festival came round. Was a Covid variant with him. I’ve not tested so no idea if it is or not

Yup this is me also. Exhausted constantly, struggling to get myself up in the morning, and stomach just hasn’t felt quite right. Seem to feel slightly better throughout the day but then wake up the next feeling like I’ve backtracked a bit (albeit better than the day before). 

Had to force myself to go to the gym the last two days in an attempt to try and sweat out the illness, which kinda worked, but also nearly killed me in the process. Almost didn’t get up to go vote on Thursday as I was feeling so light headed and weak walking for any stretch of time. 

IIRC I feel like this every year post-festival, but every year I forget just how debilitating it is. Very much got me in a current ‘no alcohol or drugs for a long time’ frame of mind, although I’m sure I’ll snap out of that once I’m back to being better and the opportunity arises 😅

I’m still achey and tired, coughing and snotty.. haven’t made it off the sofa for 3 days.. done a third covid test today and it’s still negative but it must be covid, even my eyes ache and I feel awful.  Seems to have the same arc of others who have tested potive, started Tuesday with a sore throat, then sore chest and cough, then three days of fever and aches.  

4 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Slight cold but tinnitus still hanging around 😞

I've had tinnitus problems since I was a teenager but mine has been worse since I caught the stupid virus.

So I can see that. Annoying though. You got any half-decent attempts to manage it?

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I've had tinnitus problems since I was a teenager but mine has been worse since I caught the stupid virus.

So I can see that. Annoying though. You got any half-decent attempts to manage it?

No sorry, only had it like this once previously, after a LCD Soundystem gig at warehouse project.  Took 2 weeks for it to subside.  This time it was the drum and bass set before baggy Mondays.  

Sorry to hear about your tinnitus, I'm hopeful mine will disappear soon.

Came down with sore throat on Thursday, which didn’t hang around too long but turned into an annoying tickly cough that kept me awake at night, and fatigue. Still no energy, cough, chesty and bunged up, and now can’t smell much. Had a negative Covid test the other day but maybe should try another. 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Funny enough, I have constant low level tinnitus but covid makes it goes nuts and takes ages to drop back down to normal

48 minutes ago, Adster said:

Funny enough, I have constant low level tinnitus but covid makes it goes nuts and takes ages to drop back down to normal

Interesting. I similarly have constant low level tinnitus and have struggled with it since I was about 19/20 but last time I had covid, it didn't really change that much.

This however has. Dunno if it's the isolation but still.

14 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Anyone have the weirdly vivid Glasto dreams that seem to last for about a fortnight after the festival. 

I'm still getting massively strange waking up spells in the middle of the night, confused to f**k as to why there's a bedside cabinet and a window in my tent - takes me a good few seconds to recognise i'm not in a tent, and actually its my bedroom. Bedside cabinets and windows are normal!

At least once a night since i got back, and really very strange . . . . its the confusion more than anything else 

I got hit with this massive wave of tiredness and fever. I was just feeling tired all the time and no matter how much I slept, I was still so tired. 

Tested for COVID but came out negative but unsure how good the tests are with the new variants 

I too was struck down with a bang last Wednesday just as I was supposed to be starting work again. Only just starting to feel normal again today but not 100% there

Annoying as I was feeling pretty chuffed with how my body had coped on Tuesday and was congratulating myself on a festival well managed

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I'm still getting massively strange waking up spells in the middle of the night, confused to f**k as to why there's a bedside cabinet and a window in my tent - takes me a good few seconds to recognise i'm not in a tent, and actually its my bedroom. Bedside cabinets and windows are normal!

At least once a night since i got back, and really very strange . . . . its the confusion more than anything else 

I've had that ! Mine was always vivid dreams being back at the festival walking about, like my sub-conscious is trying to relive or process what had happened  

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

First couple of days were very weird sleeps exactly as you describe! It went away after we went to the Avril Lavigne gig on Wednesday and I had a couple of drinks there. 

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

First couple of days were very weird sleeps exactly as you describe! It went away after we went to the Avril Lavigne gig on Wednesday and I had a couple of drinks there. 

so you're saying i can cure this with pints? 😃 Its a challenge, and i'll give it a bash, but only on your learned advice

On 7/7/2024 at 9:43 AM, Miathedog said:

Came down with sore throat on Thursday, which didn’t hang around too long but turned into an annoying tickly cough that kept me awake at night, and fatigue. Still no energy, cough, chesty and bunged up, and now can’t smell much. Had a negative Covid test the other day but maybe should try another. 

sounds similar to what I had.  Dr. gave me an antibiotic and said it was tonsilitis. 
I may or may not have been kissing a few folks on the friday night so I suppose that's what I get. 

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

sounds similar to what I had.  Dr. gave me an antibiotic and said it was tonsilitis. 
I may or may not have been kissing a few folks on the friday night so I suppose that's what I get. 

Ha well as of today I def have Covid and can only presume it was a weirdly delayed positive. I def wasn’t kissing anyone at Glasto 😂 but was in a few tight crowds so I guess it was inevitable 🙁 

3 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

Ha well as of today I def have Covid and can only presume it was a weirdly delayed positive. I def wasn’t kissing anyone at Glasto 😂 but was in a few tight crowds so I guess it was inevitable 🙁 

Sorry to hear that 😞 on the kissing and the covid 

• Upvote 1

so tested positive on sunday ... dont feel so bad but that combined with bells im taking a few days off work for recovery and havent really felt up to modding or efest  this past week and wont be till im better , fortunately symptoms do seem to be easing on the bells , my eye is now almost able to fully close but my smile still drooping slightly .... will get there 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 4:39 PM, Adster said:

I'm exactly the same here, anytime I've had Covid it gets amplified and the sound almost throbs

11 hours ago, Helsbels said:

I'm exactly the same here, anytime I've had Covid it gets amplified and the sound almost throbs

Ah really didn’t know that was a symptom … trying to figure out if this was from a prior ear problem or covid now 😂