Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so tested positive on sunday ... dont feel so bad but that combined with bells im taking a few days off work for recovery and havent really felt up to modding or efest  this past week and wont be till im better , fortunately symptoms do seem to be easing on the bells , my eye is now almost able to fully close but my smile still drooping slightly .... will get there 

ah mate, what a couple of weeks you've had - get well soon! 🙂 

15 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so tested positive on sunday ... dont feel so bad but that combined with bells im taking a few days off work for recovery and havent really felt up to modding or efest  this past week and wont be till im better , fortunately symptoms do seem to be easing on the bells , my eye is now almost able to fully close but my smile still drooping slightly .... will get there 

Get well soon pal 😊

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Because they don’t want to pass illness onto others especially old and vulnerable ? 

Ah, ok. I was wondering were there new rules enforced in the UK or something.

Whatever floats their boat I suppose. Very thoughtful of them but wouldnt subscribe to that ideology myself.

Need to stop deifying having flu like symptoms...in my opinion.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Ah, ok. I was wondering were there new rules enforced in the UK or something.

Whatever floats their boat I suppose. Very thoughtful of them but wouldnt subscribe to that ideology myself.

Need to stop deifying having flu like symptoms...in my opinion.

im currently off work unpaid ... my choice id rather not give it to others and thats at personal financial cost , im aware others wont be able to do that financially .... a sick workforce is pretty unproductive also ... not sure the answer long term but everyone will make decisions that are personal to them . testing or whatever  . 

• Like 1

Last week after returning from Glasto I dreamt that Avril Lavigne broke into my greenhouse at the allotment and destroyed all my tomato plants, I also had night terrors the same night where I couldn't move. 

Next day, got up, went down the allotment. Two tomato plants dead. Avril Lavigne had played the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester the night before. What a bitch! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Db79 said:

Last week after returning from Glasto I dreamt that Avril Lavigne broke into my greenhouse at the allotment and destroyed all my tomato plants, I also had night terrors the same night where I couldn't move. 

Next day, got up, went down the allotment. Two tomato plants dead. Avril Lavigne had played the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester the night before. What a bitch! 

😂😂 The power she has!

I feel like I am starting to come out the other side of my festival flu finally.

Not festival related, given I’d been back home for 4 days, but I came down with Norovirus at the weekend, which I’m only just getting over.

Upside, I’ve lost a stone in 4 days. Downside, I sh*t myself for the first time in my adult life.

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not festival related, given I’d been back home for 4 days, but I came down with Norovirus at the weekend, which I’m only just getting over.

Upside, I’ve lost a stone in 4 days. Downside, I sh*t myself for the first time in my adult life.

I'm so sorry but this made me laugh far more than it should have. It could always be worse and happen 5 miles from Michaelwood services on the monday morning a couple of years ago...😳

2 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I'm so sorry but this made me laugh far more than it should have. It could always be worse and happen 5 miles from Michaelwood services on the monday morning a couple of years ago...😳

Those services toilets  are a sight to behold on the Monday morning. Thousands of festival goers having use of flushing toilets and running hot water for the first time in five days. 

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Those services toilets  are a sight to behold on the Monday morning. Thousands of festival goers having use of flushing toilets and running hot water for the first time in five days. 

Yeah first services north of Bristol, the stop there is kind of a ritual for me. I got talking to one of the staff there a few years ago and she said it was their busiest day of the year by far.

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

No worries. Posted for amusement. Your story however, sounds genuinely horrifying.

55 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yeah first services north of Bristol, the stop there is kind of a ritual for me. I got talking to one of the staff there a few years ago and she said it was their busiest day of the year by far.

After that we go to your area, Tebay. As long as the guts can last that long. Reading this thread looks like some folk need a fallow year to recover😉

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

No worries. Posted for amusement. Your story however, sounds genuinely horrifying.

Haha, I can look back on it and laugh now. I put it down to a dodgy burrito on Sunday night and living off crumble for 5 days. 

We're all getting old. Felt it a bit this year - used to have a rush by midnight and fueled me on till 4-5am but just wasn't there this year so managed only 2 days late like that, but with the rest tucked up by 2am.

I will note that on Thursday I had my first gig after a week of having covid, and by the end I was feeling it. By the end of the Killers' main set, I had to sit as it wore me out, and thought it was just as well I booked a seat rather than the usual standing.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:45 PM, MilkyJoe said:

Haha, I can look back on it and laugh now. I put it down to a dodgy burrito on Sunday night and living off crumble for 5 days. 

The joy of the festival diet eh.

I say that, back in 2018, I got some kind of food or drink poisoning from Lollapalooza Paris (or the Paris restaurant that didn't cook their chicken properly) and that week after was not fun.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The joy of the festival diet eh.

I say that, back in 2018, I got some kind of food or drink poisoning from Lollapalooza Paris (or the Paris restaurant that didn't cook their chicken properly) and that week after was not fun.

To be fair it's the first time I've ever been ill at Glastonbury. I can't remember where the burrito came from but I should have stuck to what I know especially on the Sunday night. Fortunately it was very late when it came on so didn't really spoil the last night.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:45 PM, MilkyJoe said:

Hats off to your crumble ambition though 

6 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Hats off to your crumble ambition though 

The Crumble shack was my main daily meal! Carbs, fruit and sugar, everything I needed to power me through the day.😂 I was ticketless this year unfortunately so I didn't get to try the new place.

35 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

The Crumble shack was my main daily meal! Carbs, fruit and sugar, everything I needed to power me through the day.😂 I was ticketless this year unfortunately so I didn't get to try the new place.

It was a very good replacement. 

@gigpushereven suggested they preferred it.