Who’s here for Bloc Party?

Fudgerama

Saw them do the Helicopter live tour in 2018 and it was a JOY. Never felt such a sense of belonging at a gig! 

Also was anyone listening to the Glasto comp on 6Music last night... Can you believe The Prayer charted higher than Helicopter?! Madness. 

43 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I'll be there! May leave before the end to catch kasabian at woodsies though (if it does indeed turn out to be them)

You won't be able to do both.

EDIT: Late to the party on this 

Edited by briddj

29 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

But anyway, yeah, Bloc Party is gonna rip. If they’re sticking to a mostly Silent Alarm set like they said then it’ll be an incredible hour. 

If that’s the case then it will, as the kids say, slap.

2 hours ago, Talcroft said:

Saw them do the Helicopter live tour in 2018 and it was a JOY. Never felt such a sense of belonging at a gig! 

Also was anyone listening to the Glasto comp on 6Music last night... Can you believe The Prayer charted higher than Helicopter?! Madness. 

I think Helicopter hovered in the charts for a while but The Prayer was the hyped comeback single so inevitably sold well in the first week. Still a banger tbh.

3 hours ago, Talcroft said:

I guessed the prayer but I remember at the time thinking it charted high. Was surprised flux wasn’t up there to be honest. Bloc party are a must see if I somehow make it, if not hoping it’ll be on the bbc coverage. 

Obviously meant Silent Alarm live tour in 2018...I've started the festival cider stash. 

I agree @lucy92 on flux - I thought that would've been one of the options, that was a huge single. 

Never a huge fan, but quite liked them. Then Kele announced he was the worlds biggest bellend by trying to launch a dance music solo career and saying he that he not only didn’t want to play or listen to guitar music anymore, but that he understood indie so well he was bored of it. When that failed, hey presto, Bloc Party reformed! 

I don’t mind their music. It’s the bare faced shallow hypocrisy that I dislike.

I’m just here to stick up for Dance Music Kele. Solo stuff hasn’t been great to be fair. But loved it when Bloc party released One More Chance. Love that the albums have always been different from the previous even though that may have resulted in a range on quality. 

Loved Four at the time. 

Enjoyed some of the new stuff.

Saying all that, I think a Silent Alarm Glastonbury setlist would go down beautifully in the afternoon sun. 

• Upvote 1