Its ok to not be ok even at Glastonbury

Respectfatfrog

1 hour ago, CR77 said:

I'm doing Glasto on my own as usual, and love it that way.  I do feel a bit self-conscious sitting on my own for too long though, so if I'm at a loose end I often pop into the Circus tent or walk around the woods or Glasto-on-Sea etc - highly recommend Circus tent to everyone in fact to kill some time!

Yeah those are good options, but also why I mentioned you can literally go back to your tent if you feel a bit self-conscious sat on your own. No-one will even know you're in it. It can be helpful to just entirely disconnect from the festival for a bit (though if it's a hot one do be careful about doing that during peak sun!)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Leon_Anthony said:

I can totally second this, last year was my first year at Glasto, it’s obviously such a great experience going to the farm and I was very much looking forward to it, months before, I was checking this forum, watching YouTube vids and even watched the film a few times, fully believing I was going to the greatest party on earth. 

I got there on the Wednesday and couldn’t comprehend the size and scale of it all, I instantly went into my shell, I found it all very overwhelming. The Thursday I managed to get up to the pier and find a deck chair to watch the world go by which helped a lot. 

I found the SE corner far too overwhelming and had to get out there very quickly. And I’m not saying this to put anybody off, I guess what I’m saying is it’s okay to take yourself away and digest it all. Also just because you’re not out til the early hours every night doesn’t mean you haven’t got the most out of Glasto. You enjoy it however you see fit. 

have fun! 

18 hours ago, kalifire said:

I’ll be doing it solo again and can relate to feeling a bit overwhelmed at times, especially as an introvert who spends most of my days by myself. 

If anyone would value a breather at the festival, maybe a pint with someone to talk to, drop me a direct message here. I’m happy to take some time out with you if it would help. 

Much love to everyone on the farm this year.

Yeah I'm going solo again although I know people going....it's always going to be that one where different groups have their own thing. More than happy to grab a pint as kalfire said as i've had moments going to a bar and sit down where a little chat would be good.

I've had many issues over the past 4/5 years mentally and currently I am OK but decisiveness is a big problem for me currently and with a mix of other things I would describe myself as mulling through rather than fully well.

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah I'm going solo again although I know people going....it's always going to be that one where different groups have their own thing. More than happy to grab a pint as kalfire said as i've had moments going to a bar and sit down where a little chat would be good.

I've had many issues over the past 4/5 years mentally and currently I am OK but decisiveness is a big problem for me currently and with a mix of other things I would describe myself as mulling through rather than fully well.

Would happily meet up for a coffee/cider if you need just a chat to steady the ship at any point.

Also to add, if anyone feels anxious about going up to total strangers and striking up a convo, there are places you can talk to people where you don't need to force any kind of social interaction with other punters. I had a lovely chat with a guy from the Samaritans last year on Thursday morning. I'd had a massively hard night on the Wednesday evening and woke up feeling quite odd and I didn't even intend to head over there but I guess because I woke up so early on the Thursday morning and the site was still relatively dead and as I walked past he just asked me how I was doing. I chatted with him for about an hour about all sorts. Didn't go into my mental state or anything deep, but I went on my way feeling so much better.

It was the kind of chat I wasn't expecting, but it was exactly what I needed. Just sort of helped me restructure things in my head.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also to add, if anyone feels anxious about going up to total strangers and striking up a convo, there are places you can talk to people where you don't need to force any kind of social interaction with other punters. I had a lovely chat with a guy from the Samaritans last year on Thursday morning. I'd had a massively hard night on the Wednesday evening and woke up feeling quite odd and I didn't even intend to head over there but I guess because I woke up so early on the Thursday morning and the site was still relatively dead and as I walked past he just asked me how I was doing. I chatted with him for about an hour about all sorts. Didn't go into my mental state or anything deep, but I went on my way feeling so much better.

It was the kind of chat I wasn't expecting, but it was exactly what I needed. Just sort of helped me restructure things in my head.

Out of upvotes but would give you 10