Who is still in work?

Mr Boo

16 hours ago, Miathedog said:

Prob good will be in the office tomorrow as should help with focus.

using the scientific metric of me thinking pretty much the same thing - results say that this ain't gonna happen 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -TLR- said:

using the scientific metric of me thinking pretty much the same thing - results say that this ain't gonna happen 😀

Been here since 7, didn’t sleep well as too excited, now on my fifth coffee and just want to go! Counting the hours down … not long now! 

Today I am mainly worrying about my journey to get the coach tomorrow morning.  On paper it should be straightforward.  15 minute drive to the station to get a train that gets me in 3/4 an hour before the coach departs a ten minute walk away.

BUT yesterday they started major roadworks outside the station.  Too early to say what problems they're causing during morning rush hour.

AND if anything goes wrong with that train, the next gets me in only 15 minutes before my coach leaves - extremely tight getting through New Street Station and doing the 10 minute walk.

So my thinking is to aim for an earlier train so I have the cushion of 2 trains I can get.  AND to drive to the next station to be dropped off to avoid the roadworks.

It shouldn't be this stressful!  

The last two festivals, I've stayed in Birmingham the night before, once because I had a very early coach and the other because of the train strike on the Wednesday.  More expensive but so much easier!

p.s.  yes, I am a bit of an overthinker!

I'd be getting the earlier train in that situation. 

I'm in a similar boat, train to new street and the walk to digbeth.  I'm currently tempted to sack off the train and just pay the extra for a taxi straight to digbeth to remove some of the stress.  I'm the kind of worrier that I'd have to be ready for the coach an hour before it's due, cutting it any closer is just going to be more than the little voice in my head can cope with.  The 2 things I hate most about glastonbury are getting there and getting home.

I'm not so bothered about getting home as getting there.  That said, I'm getting the 8.30 coach back and I am already fretting about getting everything packed up in time.

Yep already said to my husband that I'm going to aim for the earlier train from the next station which is due to get me to Brum a nice hour and a quarter before the coach leaves.  

What time coach are you getting from Brum?

13 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm not so bothered about getting home as getting there.  That said, I'm getting the 8.30 coach back and I am already fretting about getting everything packed up in time.

Yep already said to my husband that I'm going to aim for the earlier train from the next station which is due to get me to Brum a nice hour and a quarter before the coach leaves.  

What time coach are you getting from Brum?

I'm getting stressed just reading your posts! 😄 

53 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm getting stressed just reading your posts! 😄 

Ha ha, I'm sure everything will be fine but always have last minute jitters.

I went down to London to see the Foos at the weekend and so was at New Street on the way back.  I decided to double check I knew the route from the station to the coach station while I was there which was a good thing as I had misremembered which way to turn at one point!

Just finished my last meeting.  A few things to tidy up before I put on my 'out of office' and head out the door at 4.30pm

Not travelling until tomorrow but the party starts as the door closes behind me

I genuinely have nothing to do at work that I can think of.  5 emails in my inbox, all reminders of things I need to keep an eye on in future.  An ex colleague asked me to call her about something "not urgent" so I explained it was my last day before Glasto and could I ring when I got back, saying I was trying to finish off things.  I just couldn't be arsed to speak to her really.

And I genuinely have nothing to do for Glasto either.  I went out earlier and bought some bits for on the coach, put water in the fridge to take.  Bought my train ticket.  Got a bit of cash out.  Contemplated taking a jumper out but can't be arsed to unpack.  Even put my clothes out to wear tomorrow.  

Twiddling my fingers til the match at 8.

• Like 1