Isle of Wight 2025

How can they improve on this year's lineup! Awesome!

So two questions - 

1. Who is going to perform next year?

2. Dates -  I want to book the hotel!

Looking forward to 2025. YNot first, and Twinwood!

5 minutes ago, galbani said:

How can they improve on this year's lineup! Awesome!

So two questions - 

1. Who is going to perform next year?

2. Dates -  I want to book the hotel!

Looking forward to 2025. YNot first, and Twinwood!

We were trying to think of acts that fit the criteria and came up with Foos, KOL, RHCP, The Killers, Snow Patrol, Blink 182 and Fall out boy.

Out of interest, how do you get back to your hotel?! I could do with more comfort 😂

10 hours ago, sisco said:

We were trying to think of acts that fit the criteria and came up with Foos, KOL, RHCP, The Killers, Snow Patrol, Blink 182 and Fall out boy.

Out of interest, how do you get back to your hotel?! I could do with more comfort 😂

Quite a line-up!

Hotel... I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you....

The bus service runs from Newport bus station along the Cowes Road to West Cowes till about 3.00am, lots of stops along the way... 

11 minutes ago, galbani said:

Quite a line-up!

Hotel... I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you....

The bus service runs from Newport bus station along the Cowes Road to West Cowes till about 3.00am, lots of stops along the way... 

I didn’t quite mean all of them.  Think it’s shown with Green Day and Robbie they can still pull the 1 major headliner each year so one of the above wouldn’t surprise me.  

Saw lots of buses leaving and then the long queues at the taxi rank! A long time ago I spoke to people who stayed in caravans too, just didn’t know how much hassle it was. 

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

I didn’t quite mean all of them.  Think it’s shown with Green Day and Robbie they can still pull the 1 major headliner each year so one of the above wouldn’t surprise me.  

Saw lots of buses leaving and then the long queues at the taxi rank! A long time ago I spoke to people who stayed in caravans too, just didn’t know how much hassle it was. 

No hassle with the bus - there can be a bit of a queue but it disappears quite quickly, then 10 minutes later another bus pops along.

The trick is to walk quickly out of the arena at the end, then sharpish along Fairlee Rd in to town. No queues.

A hot shower, soft pillow, fluffy duvet and a huge breakfast freshly cooked by someone else....

12 hours ago, sisco said:

Dud you enjoy IOW?

Question for all to help me with 🙂

We are looking to come to Isle of White next year, we are based in Eastbourne so a journey to Portsmouth is quite easy for the ferry. 

Is it just a simple case of book the ferry for the days needed or does this sell out instantly? and then when at fishbourne you just drive straight into the arena? 

Logistics have always been the issue ive had with going and not understanding what I need to do enough. 

Any help is hugely appreciated 🙂 

31 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

Is it just a simple case of book the ferry for the days needed or does this sell out instantly? and then when at fishbourne you just drive straight into the arena? 

You'll have no problem booking a ferry if you do it early enough. Once you arrive in Fishbourne, it's a short drive to the main car parks. All very simple 🙂

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Dud you enjoy IOW?

This is going to sound mental but… I think I preferred it!  I’m getting older now so the more relaxed side of it, the fact it’s smaller too and I’m not really fussed about the late night stuff these days so didn’t miss that either.  (Never ever thought I’d say all that!!)

16 minutes ago, sisco said:

This is going to sound mental but… I think I preferred it!  I’m getting older now so the more relaxed side of it, the fact it’s smaller too and I’m not really fussed about the late night stuff these days so didn’t miss that either.  (Never ever thought I’d say all that!!)

The fact that you're now considering hotels... welcome to my world!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

You'll have no problem booking a ferry if you do it early enough. Once you arrive in Fishbourne, it's a short drive to the main car parks. All very simple 🙂

I guess I wait for a date announcement rather than book now as theres no certain date? 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

That's fair to be honest man! I've never fancied the massive trek over but obviously it's quite chilled and relaxed. I have fussed about the late night stuff...I'm not young enough to cope with it lol.

2 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

I guess I wait for a date announcement rather than book now as theres no certain date? 

Yeah, I'm sure they will announce the dates soon. I'm expecting early bird tickets to go on sale in the next few weeks. 

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

That's fair to be honest man! I've never fancied the massive trek over but obviously it's quite chilled and relaxed. I have fussed about the late night stuff...I'm not young enough to cope with it lol.

The trip was quality tbf, loved getting the ferry.  Lots of decent bands and also found a couple of new ones.

The relaxed nature of it made it for me.  Great time

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sl5555 said:

Dream line ups for next year? 

Springsteen please then

FFs, Chillis, Snow Patrol, Caravan Palace (who?), Muse, Bryan Adams, Pearl Jam, Journey, Eagles, Eric Clapton, New order, Depeche Mode, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons.

I'm rooting for No doubt for Sunday headliner!  (if they announce a world tour !) Don't speak would be such a great song to end the festival with.

I'd also like to see the cure play Saturday.

Friday would need to be someone like Moby, or faithless. 

10 hours ago, sl5555 said:

Dream line ups for next year? 

I think I’d be back if U2 did it. Can’t think of many other realistic names I’d want to see doing it. Maybe Aerosmith? 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I think I’d be back if U2 did it. Can’t think of many other realistic names I’d want to see doing it. Maybe Aerosmith? 

Aerosmith would be another good one and certainly fits what an IOW crowd would like, sadly I don’t think they’ll be about. 

I’ll guess at Something like:

Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill

Dance Headliner, Snow Patrol

Foo Fighters, The Script

Edited by sisco

2 hours ago, Unstablekelly85 said:

No doubt 

The offspring

Eric Clapton

Bush

Hole

The cure

Bastille

Miley 

Paramore

Venga  boys

The corrs

Placebo

Alishas  attic

Five

B*witched

Ash

The real McCoy

Portishead

Would love No Doubt but I’m not sure they have great selling power over hear but I’d imagine the fee/billing they’d want probably means we’ll never see them over here but if the demand is there then I’d say they’re more likely for a Glasto/Download or BST show. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Aerosmith would be another good one and certainly fits what an IOW crowd would like, sadly I don’t think they’ll be about. 

I’ll guess at Something like:

Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill

Dance Headliner, Snow Patrol

Foo Fighters, The Script

The Chemical Brothers for dance headliner please. Think they’ll struggle to top this years 3 headliners and undercard. Foos would make sense as the biggie but could easily do R&L. 

59 minutes ago, sisco said:

Also wondering if Dua Lipa could be an option actually

More likely R&L?