Sunday: stereophonics 

Y not move to the isle of wight

On 8/11/2024 at 12:01 PM, kjvffm said:

Friday Catfish

Saturday Dua Lipa

Sunday Sam Fender

Dua Lipa seems unlikely with those 2 wembley shows i think

Sam Fender could defo be at glasto as well which would rule him out

I think Catfish could also be more of a co-headliner to be honest, although those other 2 are strong.

I'd definitely expect at least 1 older at

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Y not move to the isle of wight

Dua Lipa seems unlikely with those 2 wembley shows i think

Sam Fender could defo be at glasto as well which would rule him out

I think Catfish could also be more of a co-headliner to be honest, although those other 2 are strong.

I'd definitely expect at least 1 older at

When Dua first announced Wembley for the Friday of the festival I thought she seemed nailed on for one of the Sat/Sun nights but with two nights in London feels pretty unlikely. She wouldn't do 3 consecutive days of shows that big would she?

Catfish doing their 'return' this summer with a few shows plus R+L makes me think they will be dropping an album then either an arena tour early 2025 or a festival run or both. I think they're on the smaller end of what constitutes headliner but could possibly still do a Friday night if the other two are big enough.

Fender I kinda pulled out of thin air, could be literally anyone lol

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

It’s Stereophonics, Sting & Justin Timberlake from what I’ve heard. 

That is shocking (so about right)

Surely got to be a co-headliner with one Stereophonics / Sting. Is sting even headline full stop these days?

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

That is shocking (so about right)

Surely got to be a co-headliner with one Stereophonics / Sting. Is sting even headline full stop these days?

Yeah just said that elsewhere, surely Sting isn’t headlining outright.  

2 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

The Police were underwhelming when they headlined back in 2008, the others meh. Not top of (or even on) any wish list. 

JT and Sting are both on the Solo/Live Nation books so makes sense. 

Still clinging to some faint U2 hope, a new album and tour is possible for 2025, though 2026 is now looking more likely. 

Oasis have sold 1.2m 2025 tickets to the core IOW demographic, not many can afford two big outlays within a few months of each other - predicting a quieter year. 

3 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Pretty poor in comparison to this years 3. Thankfully nothing for me so can concentrate on Glasto and Download or an EU fest. 

3 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

32 minutes ago, foolee said:

Pretty poor in comparison to this years 3. Thankfully nothing for me so can concentrate on Glasto and Download or an EU fest. 

That's not the worst I could have imagined to be honest. It's not last years levels but then I think PSB is a worse booking than any of those. Green Day cost a lot though so they can't be expected every year. It does however put Sting in the frame I'd say to finally be at Glastonbury potentially the week after.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

That's not the worst I could have imagined to be honest. It's not last years levels but then I think PSB is a worse booking than any of those. Green Day cost a lot though so they can't be expected every year. It does however put Sting in the frame I'd say to finally be at Glastonbury potentially the week after.

Do IOW headliners typically play lower at Glastonbury the same year?

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Do IOW headliners typically play lower at Glastonbury the same year?

George Ezra in 2019 did

Not a whole lot i can think of, although glasto has had a fair few years off recently. Its definitely possible i guess

8 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be upset if it was but Kylie Minouge had also just announced a world tour 👀

8 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

10 hours ago, gfa said:

I think with JT and Stereophonics they need someone bigger than Biffy to get people on that ferry

It's kinda difficult to know what Biffy's level now is. Feels like there was a point when they could've pushed on for stadiums whereas now they feel like they're barely arena level.

Even if when I saw them in Birmingham 2 years ago, the standing section was still very busy indeed.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It's kinda difficult to know what Biffy's level now is. Feels like there was a point when they could've pushed on for stadiums whereas now they feel like they're barely arena level.

Even if when I saw them in Birmingham 2 years ago, the standing section was still very busy indeed.

Their arena tour in 2022 was noticeably the smaller arenas (with a bigger support in Architects). I'm sure they can comfortably sell out 5k venues but their moment has passed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sting/ Biffy as a co headline.

17 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Their arena tour in 2022 was noticeably the smaller arenas (with a bigger support in Architects). I'm sure they can comfortably sell out 5k venues but their moment has passed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sting/ Biffy as a co headline.

I wouldn't say that a band selling out the o2, the NEC, Glasgow, Leeds, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Belfast after headlining Download was someone playing the small arenas and someone who will drop to smaller venues. Architects are my favourite band and even I would admit taht the floor was half full at most when they were on.

Biffy won't be there anyway. They are playing Southside and Hurricane in Germany IOW weekend. My guess is that they will headline The Other at Glastonbury.

5 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I wouldn't say that a band selling out the o2, the NEC, Glasgow, Leeds, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Belfast after headlining Download was someone playing the small arenas and someone who will drop to smaller venues. Architects are my favourite band and even I would admit taht the floor was half full at most when they were on.

Biffy won't be there anyway. They are playing Southside and Hurricane in Germany IOW weekend. My guess is that they will headline The Other at Glastonbury.

I absolutely love Biffy, just thought it was an odd tour to play Leeds over Manchester (that's why I said noticeably smaller). The download crowd moan when they play...but when don't they moan?