Glasto depression

cellar

10 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Fair play to those of you watching the webcam! I think that might break me!! 

Bad enough knowing it is happening 45 mins down the road without actually watching it unfold ☹️

Yeah we live 20 mins away and the constant helicopters flying to and from the site is doing my head in lol

Wasn't going to but watched some of it yesterday and did look really good and was very envious of those people watching PJ Harvey or LCD Soundsystem...but later on when I was tired and flicking between Dua Lipa/Idles/Jamie XX it just looked exhausting. I haven't been Glastonbury much last decade because kid was at high school, but before that used to go quite a lot and loved it..but now I'm a burnt out old raver with a bit of an alcohol problem and I just don't know if I could manage Glastonbury and the crowds.

Plus, Tour De France starts this morning and I really like sitting on my sofa and watching that for hours for some reason.

Edit. Might try for tickets for next year though.

Edited by steviewevie
  • Like 1

Should start this by saying I’ve been very lucky to go 10 times since 2005, I know there are other things etc etc, but I haven’t been since 2019 and it’s heartbreaking. In 2022, I got tickets in the final seconds of the resale and I was so ready for it after the enforced absence. Extremely sad family circumstances meant I pulled out on the Tues evening that year. Last year and this year I’ve missed out on tickets and it sort of feels like it’s slipping out of my grasp now. It gets easier to watch the music on TV and I quite enjoy that, but the pangs really come from when you think of all the other stuff that goes along with it: the build-up, campsite cheers, that feeling when the sun sets, the shots of the market place, seeing a familiar stall or trader, a goan fish curry and a cider on the grass at West Holts. The Weds and Thurs FOMO is real! There are elements you forget (backache, the campsite trudge, insane crowding, iffy sound, clashes, herding a group together) but my god, there is nowhere else on earth I’d rather be. Its just a proper tonic when everyday life can be quite grim, and its that lovely atmosphere, that you can’t quite articulate, that you miss dreadfully. Anyway, this forum helps, has reminded me of all the great years I’ve had, and people on here were very kind at a difficult time back in 2022. We can get through this! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We got on the ticket booking page this year, however there was an issue with my daughters re-registration which had disappeared.  I had made my peace with that it was not meant to be, though watching last night was lovely though depressing.

I am going to keep myself busy with other family things today and just hope the ticketing gods are kinder next year.

Anyone Bristol based missing the festival, we’re showing it on projector and pumping it out over our soundsystem at Old Market Assembly from 5pm to late (saturday). Even got lights, a tent on stage, and a voting system for changing the stream if people don’t like what’s playing! Just lacking a bit in customers last night… either because it wasn’t promoted or because everyone’s at Glastonbury!

• Like 1

I feel very conflicted watching from home! I feel so sad at failing for the 2nd year in a row to get tickets and yet I really am enjoying the coverage.

I've made a resolve not to miss the next one and to try my hardest to get a volunteering role on site. Getting a ticket just feels like an impossible task at the moment.

2 hours ago, Larraht said:

I feel very conflicted watching from home! I feel so sad at failing for the 2nd year in a row to get tickets and yet I really am enjoying the coverage.

I've made a resolve not to miss the next one and to try my hardest to get a volunteering role on site. Getting a ticket just feels like an impossible task at the moment.

Yeh, I am SO worried about T Day already. This year, I was the only one of 16 of us to get tickets..but also the only one to even get past the holding page. Doesn't bode well 😕

Being the only one of our crew not to get a ticket this year, I can’t deny it has been hard. It’s bitter sweet watching the coverage but I’m so happy my friends are there having the best time. Watching the sets on the telly still makes me feel connected to them all and I love the place so much I just can’t be one of those that pretends it’s not happpening.

I am NOT missing next year though.

Since not getting tickets last year I've not really spent much time on here at all but since the start of the week I came back on as I couldn't stop myself from being nosey as to what was going off on site.from Tuesday up to Thursday I felt totally depressed about not being there but once Friday came around and I could get stuck in to a good few beers and watch loads of footage on my garden and sit around in my camp chair I've had a real uplift in mood .it's definitely pants not being there but trawling this forum all weekend and hearing on site tales while knowing the place like the back of my hand while also watching coverage and a few beers has made feel like I'm still involved in the festival a small way.  Roll on October 

4 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

Since not getting tickets last year I've not really spent much time on here at all but since the start of the week I came back on as I couldn't stop myself from being nosey as to what was going off on site.from Tuesday up to Thursday I felt totally depressed about not being there but once Friday came around and I could get stuck in to a good few beers and watch loads of footage on my garden and sit around in my camp chair I've had a real uplift in mood .it's definitely pants not being there but trawling this forum all weekend and hearing on site tales while knowing the place like the back of my hand while also watching coverage and a few beers has made feel like I'm still involved in the festival a small way.  Roll on October 

100% this! BBC coverage really is excellent isn’t it. 

My favourite day is always Thursday anyway, so I think once that had been and gone I felt better anyway. 
Sunday already somehow(!), England on later and before you know it’s Monday morning and it’s all over. Then we are all back in the same boat ready to steel ourselves for October! 

2 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

100% this! BBC coverage really is excellent isn’t it. 

My favourite day is always Thursday anyway, so I think once that had been and gone I felt better anyway. 
Sunday already somehow(!), England on later and before you know it’s Monday morning and it’s all over. Then we are all back in the same boat ready to steel ourselves for October! 

Yeh Thursday was the real killer.when on site from Tuesday till Monday it feels like your there for an age but it absolutely flys by when not 

I have to be completely honest, that I had tinges of FOMO this time around, but I didn't have utter depression all weekend nor was I overcome with emotion at many of the performances, as I have encountered in some previous watch-at-home Glastos. 

I had some highlights for sure - Confidence Man, LCD, Justice and heck even Coldplay for the headline jollies - but there was a lot of "white space" in my Clashfinder this year and I found myself either half-heartedly checking out some stuff on iPlayer (and often reacting with "meh") or doing, you know, other stuff (teaching my kid to ride a bike, for instance)

Would I have gone if I got a ticket? You're darn skippy I would. But I know I would have wanted to take my kids (9 and 6) and it would have been a different kind of festival, and all the reports of crazy crowd sizes + queueing for stuff - in reality would not have worked well with the kids as they are. I kept thinking about the hassle factor versus the handful of great acts that I saw on iPlayer (and I know I wouldn't have been able to see some of those due to the usual on-site circumstances + the kids factor). 

So I still obsessed about the festival all weekend, was on eFests etc but I was not railing against the injustice of the universe that I wasn't there.... for me, I was quite happy to have done it from the sofa this time!