Glasto depression

cellar

3 minutes ago, scmusic said:

I have to be completely honest, that I had tinges of FOMO this time around, but I didn't have utter depression all weekend nor was I overcome with emotion at many of the performances, as I have encountered in some previous watch-at-home Glastos. 

I had some highlights for sure - Confidence Man, LCD, Justice and heck even Coldplay for the headline jollies - but there was a lot of "white space" in my Clashfinder this year and I found myself either half-heartedly checking out some stuff on iPlayer (and often reacting with "meh") or doing, you know, other stuff (teaching my kid to ride a bike, for instance)

Would I have gone if I got a ticket? You're darn skippy I would. But I know I would have wanted to take my kids (9 and 6) and it would have been a different kind of festival, and all the reports of crazy crowd sizes + queueing for stuff - in reality would not have worked well with the kids as they are. I kept thinking about the hassle factor versus the handful of great acts that I saw on iPlayer (and I know I wouldn't have been able to see some of those due to the usual on-site circumstances + the kids factor). 

So I still obsessed about the festival all weekend, was on eFests etc but I was not railing against the injustice of the universe that I wasn't there.... for me, I was quite happy to have done it from the sofa this time! 

I cannot pretend that the Wednesday and Thursday were tough for me to be honest. Knowing what those lucky few were experiencing whilst I was sat at my desk pining was horrible. But to be honest, I actually really enjoyed the weekend itself watching it from home! 

Was never possible for me to be there this year (new baby) but that rational goes out the window on the Wednesday when the festival is suddenly everywhere you look! But once the music started I felt connected to the place in a way and missed it less because of it. 

We are all now in the same boat again.