Pinkpop 2025

Unsure how it will play out regarding tours. Guess we'll soon see. But he must have had to out himself before someone done it for him. 

It certainly taints his 'nicest guy in rock' title.

Or, he was too nice in some cases it seems.

When do Pinkpop normally make their first announcement? This is our first time coming - if we make it.

7 hours ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

When do Pinkpop normally make their first announcement? This is our first time coming - if we make it.

Normal i would say somewhere in Oktober. But there is always a small chance something something will happen before. 

Last year they were late with dropping about 25 names at once early december ....

Edited by MK1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MK1 said:

Normal i would say somewhere in Oktober. But there is always a small chance something something will happen before. 

Last year they were late with dropping about 25 names at once early december ....

Yeah, the other year they dropped P!nk super early. But it was very late last year. 

23 hours ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

Unsure how it will play out regarding tours. Guess we'll soon see. But he must have had to out himself before someone done it for him. 

It certainly taints his 'nicest guy in rock' title.

Or, he was too nice in some cases it seems.

I can't see it having an impact on bookings for Foo Fighters tbh. That said, I aren't a PR expert haha.

I noticed a few names are on Festileaks and Springsteen and Olivia Rodrigo is frequently mentioned. 

Green Day seem to be building a similar festival "June run" to Ed Sheeran last year, and wouldn't be surprised to see them added.

Hurricane have launched and it'll be either Pinkpop or Hurricane for me. Flights are cheap, so I hope they hurry up this year. 

Edited by willsmith700
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, willsmith700 said:

True. Was there different dates last year? 

Dates were the same, but it all depends on artist. Ed Sheeran played Hurricane - Southside - Pinkpop back to back this year, QOTSA played Southside - Pinkpop - Hurricane in 2023. Green Day dind't have three consecutive shows on this tour, things could change of course...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Linkin Park als headliner Pinkpop 2025? Ineens zijn alle opties weer open (riffreport.nl) desperately hope this weird, scientology promotional (tribute) band doesn't appear on the line up 😞! Super excited for the 2025 edition, but not in the event this cabaret appears.
Most festivals, a headliner I'm not interested in would not be a problem. But, at Pinkpop all the other stages have usually stopped by the time the headliner appears. Would be going elsewhere if they confirm (which is also fine, lots of festivals exist).
I'm not fishing for a debate (that is elsewhere on this forum and her presence at certain situations is well documented by those who were there) ... I'm just merely sharing the line up rumour I'm happy for those who like them, but my solidarity is with Cedric, Chrissie and all the victims of that cult and would much rather she showed accountability. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, willsmith700 said:

desperately hope this weird, scientology promotional (tribute) band doesn't appear on the line up 😞

I'm not fishing for a debate 

You free to have your opinion on the reunion, but this is a strange choice of words if you don't wanna start a discussion 

41 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

You free to have your opinion on the reunion, but this is a strange choice of words if you don't wanna start a discussion 

Just facts! It sucks and would (for me) be a shame / waste of a headliner. Would much prefer Mike Shinoda live. The 2018 shows were superb.
She's a weirdo cult member ... not my opinion, just a fact (as recalled by the people who witnessed her harassing victims at court) 😞

On the "just my opinion" point. It is known facts that her family and her are in high standing in the church. Of course, her online presence and affiliation has been carefully managed now, due to her celebrity standing. Granted, it is also my opinion that trafficky cults suck. The fact I have to validate this as an "opinion" or that any discussion is needed regarding the opinion, being part of an abusive cult sucks, is just weird to me 🤷‍♂️😂
Tony Ortega, witnesses, Aaron Smith-Levin (can be a bit hyperbole, but still interesting), Chrissie Bixler. So many sources out there. 
I mean, ok ... debate welcome. Why should we love Linkin Park partaking in Scientology aims to infiltrate new generations and expand their "celebrity" presence / reach? Sad state of affairs. The new songs are really good, but they feel tainted.
She's incredibly talented, but for me, victims before talent / brand. She needs to put out a real apology and clarify her role in the church. Then everyone can move on. Beck did it, Cedric Bixler did it. There is a fundamental reason why she didn't mention the church in those "crises managed" words. That's because she is the church.

Here ... endeth, my TED talk. 😄

1 hour ago, willsmith700 said:

Just facts! It sucks and would (for me) be a shame / waste of a headliner. Would much prefer Mike Shinoda live. The 2018 shows were superb.
She's a weirdo cult member ... not my opinion, just a fact (as recalled by the people who witnessed her harassing victims at court) 😞

On the "just my opinion" point. It is known facts that her family and her are in high standing in the church. Of course, her online presence and affiliation has been carefully managed now, due to her celebrity standing. Granted, it is also my opinion that trafficky cults suck. The fact I have to validate this as an "opinion" or that any discussion is needed regarding the opinion, being part of an abusive cult sucks, is just weird to me 🤷‍♂️😂
Tony Ortega, witnesses, Aaron Smith-Levin (can be a bit hyperbole, but still interesting), Chrissie Bixler. So many sources out there. 
I mean, ok ... debate welcome. Why should we love Linkin Park partaking in Scientology aims to infiltrate new generations and expand their "celebrity" presence / reach? Sad state of affairs. The new songs are really good, but they feel tainted.
She's incredibly talented, but for me, victims before talent / brand. She needs to put out a real apology and clarify her role in the church. Then everyone can move on. Beck did it, Cedric Bixler did it. There is a fundamental reason why she didn't mention the church in those "crises managed" words. That's because she is the church.

Here ... endeth, my TED talk. 😄

Dude everything I quoted you on is just your opinion. Weird = Opinion, Tribute Band = Opinion, and if you think that every band that replaced a significant member is tribute band this would make most headlining bands "tribute bands", scientology promoting = opinion as well, for Linkin Park to be promoting scientology they need to, you know, talk about it and promot it

23 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

Dude everything I quoted you on is just your opinion. Weird = Opinion, Tribute Band = Opinion, and if you think that every band that replaced a significant member is tribute band this would make most headlining bands "tribute bands", scientology promoting = opinion as well, for Linkin Park to be promoting scientology they need to, you know, talk about it and promot it

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2961.jpeg

IMG_2964.jpeg

IMG_2962.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

My opinion is informed by people like Chrissie and Cedric, and those who’ve studied or been within, or victims of the cult and seen it first hand. 🤷‍♂️ 

Yes, loads of hands replace members and it’s amazing Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Sublime. They just don’t replace them with (admittedly talented). Creepy cult folk. 

we will agree to disagree. Perhaps I’ve articulated this point poorly. I trust my presence on this forum speaks for itself thus far. And, I didn’t mean to seem abrupt. I love Linkin Park, I just despise people trafficking cults and think her addition to the band is utterly repulsive and grim. Desperately hope they don’t join the line up haha no ill feeling. And, I’ll focus on Pinkpop (until they are confirmed) and I know I won’t be attending 🙏😎💪

Edited by willsmith700