Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, huge amount of folk wanting to see Frank Turner. Surely they must have realised that especially on a Thursday with so few live acts on that this was always going to be rammed. Will be the same when he’s on the Avalon.  Such a big crowd pleaser he should have been on a big stage . 

However, if you clever went up the hill to the right you could could come in at angle and get a cracking view

5 hours ago, foolee said:

Rammed by Glade for Kurupt FM, didn’t bother trying to get in. The Royston Club in Bread & Roses was pretty busy but expected. Generally busy around levels and bbc introducing. Bit gutted introducing isn’t a tent anymore 

The glade was outrageously busy when they were on

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Crush around Greenpeace/railway in past hour or so was bananas. Pisspoor crowd control. 

Yeah, none existent. We’d made the mistake of cutting across the railway track from the Green fields to get across site and hadn’t realised Lynks would be so busy. Felt like it was stationary on the left as people tried to get in to Greenpeace, stationary on the right as people tried to turn off to Avalon as a short cut to SE corner. And in the middle a melee of those trying to come up to the track. Uncomfortable to say the least. 

I'm sat down on my own, not saying a word. There is no music or audible (to this pair of human ears) noise in the background , and you want me to be quieter!? 

Hold on, I'll just get me glasses to check this one over.

Back in the real world - wishing you a fabulous festival CaledonianGonzo.

59 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Avalon has more room this year - at the expense of gutting it though - no longer has any personality.

What got taken out? 

did anyone go by Pyramid stage? I saw on the cam that theres something happening in the front pit area and maybe Dua has a mini stage possibly? Cant sus it out. It was on the glasto thurs coverage for a few seconds but it glowed

6 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Yeah, none existent. We’d made the mistake of cutting across the railway track from the Green fields to get across site and hadn’t realised Lynks would be so busy. Felt like it was stationary on the left as people tried to get in to Greenpeace, stationary on the right as people tried to turn off to Avalon as a short cut to SE corner. And in the middle a melee of those trying to come up to the track. Uncomfortable to say the least. 

Oh dear…

I know one person who has got in illegally, don’t know the method just that they are now in. Everyone else I’ve spoken to said no ones got in and they mentioned previous methods of oxfam wristbands and people not checking properly which used to work but now doesn’t. So hopefully we get a lot less people 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Laughed my head off at Spinal Tap on way back to Cockmill. Needed it after the crowd mgmt debacle(s) on railway all evening.

I'm not asking you, I'm telling you to kick my butt Glastonbury.

Great times. First visit to the Palais in all the years I've been going. No better film to watch to tick that one off the bucket list.

• Thanks 1

Greenpeace was pretty busy when we were there at about 11.30 and the railway line looked crowded but nothing too bad for a Thursday. Anything even vaguely big always gets a huge crowd.

Astrolabe was full for Flash Bang Brass and atmosphere was superb 

Edited by MEGABOWL

2 hours ago, Charliehmiller said:

Definitely felt busier last night. 

Silver hayes was gridlocked pretty much all evening. 

Never seen silver hayes so busy before. They were stopping people coming in from the other side around 6/7ish and it was still busy at 1/2ish when we were heading back to camp

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

What got taken out? 

did anyone go by Pyramid stage? I saw on the cam that theres something happening in the front pit area and maybe Dua has a mini stage possibly? Cant sus it out. It was on the glasto thurs coverage for a few seconds but it glowed

yes there is a separate stage near the crush barrier, looks like they will have turnstiles in place to control the numbers in the pit.