Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

3 minutes ago, hurdy said:

FFS - one in, one out into the pit? Why not go the whole hog and make it a paid for golden circle? Maybe turn the Water Aid stand into a "VIP" bar just like APE?

Given all the crowd control issues elsewhere on site, why are they trying to fix something that didn't appear to be broken? Don't remember there ever being issues with this part of the Pyramid crowd to justify bringing these in.

• Upvote 1

Shitsticks, why they trying to fix a problem which wasnt there in the first place? That looks a lot more dangerous to me, as if there werent enough pinch points at the sides and top of pyramid stage already. I dread to think how much pushing and shoving there will be trying to get away from the pyramid to get to the SE corner after the headliners finish, theres going to be a lot of pressure from behind as people trying to get through those gates

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Astrolabe was full for Flash Bang Brass and atmosphere was superb 

It’s just a pity that people were literally pushing and shoving to get seats on the raked seating, and refusing to let us folk trying to leave after the previous show from getting out, on the rickety stairs! Stewards did f**k all. 

Working in Stonebridge this year... Really interesting to see Thursday from the other side. The tent was only close to full for maybe an hour - just security doing their job I guess and keeping the inside safe and fun. 

Silver Hayes was busy but only at that bottleneck entrance where the Lonely Hearts crowd and hedge line block the walkway. Once you were through it was good though. Well managed queues for Levels and Assembly. 

We got in Levels in 5mins as we accidentally came at it from Woodsies side and it was no grief at all. Very big things to come in Silver Hayes soon I feel - addition to beeb footage? Levels is just incredible. 

Def noticeable increase in security at gate C. Actual security guards doing their job rather than 16yo school leavers asleep in chairs or looking intimidated. Overall does feel much quieter. 

12 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Yeah, none existent. We’d made the mistake of cutting across the railway track from the Green fields to get across site and hadn’t realised Lynks would be so busy. Felt like it was stationary on the left as people tried to get in to Greenpeace, stationary on the right as people tried to turn off to Avalon as a short cut to SE corner. And in the middle a melee of those trying to come up to the track. Uncomfortable to say the least. 

IMG_1462.mov

Greenpeace while Lynks was on was an absolute shitshow. Proper crush with no way to move. Also why is that stage so stupidly loud? Poor staff at the tiny tea tent are having to wear ear defenders, and the mc's screamy voice is just painful. Nice lemon curd muffins though (at the tea tent)

20 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Greenpeace while Lynks was on was an absolute shitshow. Proper crush with no way to move. Also why is that stage so stupidly loud? Poor staff at the tiny tea tent are having to wear ear defenders, and the mc's screamy voice is just painful. Nice lemon curd muffins though (at the tea tent)

Cannot understand the volume on Greenpeace. It's at a punishing level, you can practically still hear it all the way down the track at Avalon.

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

FFS - one in, one out into the pit? Why not go the whole hog and make it a paid for golden circle? Maybe turn the Water Aid stand into a "VIP" bar just like APE?

I get why they are there but really, when we've managed so may years before without them - has there ever been a real problem here to solve?

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

Crowd for Barry Can't Swim at The Park is OOOOOOOOOJ

They aren't letting one enter from the bottom of the Park and are directing them around and in the top end. They obviously knew the crowd was going to be huge as the security were down there prepared so why not put him on a bigger stage, makes no sense.

Truly a disgrace they scheduled him on that stage. I went up there before Headie One on the Other and it was rammed about 25 mins before. Leaving the field at 13:35, you could get nowhere near the front and could only hear Stonebridge. Entrance from the field at the bottom rammed too and cordoned off. Meanwhile I strolled to the very front barrier at Headie One. Completely avoidable madness.