• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Activity

• Personally don't really have a problem that some of the places are so crowded. I'll avoid that on purpose sometimes, even binning off some acts I'd like to see as I can't be bothered with the hassle. Other busy sets I got there early for and had a great time, but I can see how the crowds will put people off returning.   Clearly though things like Sugababes and Avril shouldn't be happening to those extents, and whereas before it was easy to just stand at a stage and wait for the crowd to die down a bit before you moved away in relative comfort, that seemed a lot more difficult to achieve this year. And moving from stage to stage did seem a lot more effort/crowded, even with concerted efforts to avoid large crowds.   All I kept thinking is about how scared I'd be on a muddy year - I think there might be some serious incidents. The increased capacity and clearly busier feel of the site hasn't been tested by bad weather yet and it does worry me.
    • The Good This was my 12th Glastonbury since 2008.  A different experience because I took our 9yo son for the first time. He's a festival veteran at EoTR (every one since he was 6 months old) so knows the drill, but obviously this is on a massive scale.    We decided to camp with out mates (17 tents in total) in Dairy Ground rather than go in family camping. It was great, everyone around us was friendly, quiet at night, and helped each other out with little favours. A wonderful sense of community up in Dairy Ground.    My lad was in awe of it.  We kicked of with The Showhawk Duo on the Bandstand on Thursday, then saw Squeeze, Olivia Dean, Stornoway, Frank Turner (a must see for us), Dexys (amazing, missed the start unfortunately), Haircut 100, Billy Bragg, and Dua Lipa (son's choice, but after 20 mins he agreed with me that it was dull, so home to bed via the last 15 minutes of Idles).    Saturday saw us do The Staves, Cyndi Lauper, Keane (excellent), Bloc Party, The Breeders (bloody brilliant) then t'boy chose Coldplay, against many complaints from me. However we went and I have to say despite long thinking that Chris Martin is a bit of an overly earnest twat, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially their early stuff.     Sunday was Soft Play (hilariously good), James (our no.1 priority, outstanding), Alvvays, the Avril Lavigne (impossible to get to) followed by a game of football at the Stone Circle before returning home for school on Monday.    The Bad Other than the massive queues for Avril (foolish to put her on with no competing Pyramid act) not a lot.   Only saw one rogue turd in a long drop, ever other khazi was fine.  The composting loos by our camp in Dairy Ground were really well maintained and just worked. It's funny that they've had these at End of the Road for a few years and have just implemented them badly, or more specifically there a lot of attendees there who are unable to piss accurately in a hole, so making them far less pleasant to use.     It's a whole different dynamic going to Glastonbury with a kid, I saw a lot less than I would normally, but the flip side of that was my son just utterly loved it. It's a massive site for 9yo legs to get around all day, he did really well without a wagon. I had to sack off Romy, The National and The Feeling on Sunday night as I got pangs of guilt about bunking him off school "ill" on Monday, and in all honesty my feet were utterly shot to bits by then, so I took a call on ejecting on Sunday evening.  Next year, assuming we get tickets, I will just take any fine on the chin.    One tiny complaint: the "fully stocked Co-Op" is far from it.  They had a lot of supply issues this year, and don't sell basics like a bit of rice. I like to cook a late night chilli back at the tent instead of going to the naughty corner and sit in my chair with a glass of wine listening the hustle and bustle of the festival, alas no bloody rice at the Co-Op.  Uncle Ben will need to come to my aid next year! First world problems and all that.   Star Spots   Had a wee next to Chris Moyles and a chat and a photo with Romeo Stodart from The Magic Numbers after Frank Turner, he was really nice.     Random unexpected highlight Doreen Doreen on Thursday on the Sensation Seekers Stage, utterly magnificent. 
    • and this actually a divide in the people vying over future direction of tories..liberal small state version like that of Liz Truss...and the NatCon version of Braverman and co. Sunak tried and failed to appeal to both.
    • I'd love it if a music reviewer working for one of the media outlets was this brutal, lol.   Coldplay, Pyramid, Glastonbury 2024:   3/5 stars.   "An absolute stack of old sh*t"
    • Yeah, I've never heard anything direct from EE about sexuality or race. I just meant on the forums with the box ticking/representation/diversity stuff.    What did the original post say exactly?   Must have been pretty strong to prompt all the "smash the fasch" posts.
  • Featured Products

• Hot Topics

• Latest Tourdates