Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

55 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The site is easy 30% over what it's top capacity should be

So whats the whole deal right now with that anyway.

Search function is weird so if anyone wants to chime in feel free. All the info is available via the council right? So how many tickets were officially sold and how many people are onsite is my question? Officially btw. Apparently its 210,000? But I know thats not tickets sold. Cheers

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So whats the whole deal right now with that anyway.

Search function is weird so if anyone wants to chime in feel free. All the info is available via the council right? So how many tickets were officially sold and how many people are onsite is my question? Officially btw. Apparently its 210,000? But I know thats not tickets sold. Cheers

I believe it's 145k punters with 65k made up of workers. Bearing in mind the festival is the same size as when it was only 125k and 30k workers. 30% was an off the cuff guess that I thought would be around about right and I make it an increase over the years overall of around 55k give or take which wasn't a bad shout. I remember when I first came you could move. By Friday early afternoon every year places are getting grid locked more and more. The car parking plans this year though was an absolute shambles to the point of virtually being entitled and selective on what they want. I've had a decent ending to the night but this isn't the Glastonbury is once was more than ever now.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

No it's not..

It majorly is! It is every year though. You're actually off your nut if you think it's not. For a start, when workers increased a few years back from 30k to 65k...where did space increase?, that's right it didn't so you instantly had an extra 35k just in that. 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I believe it's 145k punters with 65k made up of workers. Bearing in mind the festival is the same size as when it was only 125k and 30k workers. 30% was an off the cuff guess that I thought would be around about right and I make it an increase over the years overall of around 55k give or take which wasn't a bad shout. I remember when I first came you could move. By Friday early afternoon every year places are getting grid locked more and more. The car parking plans this year though was an absolute shambles to the point of virtually being entitled and selective on what they want. I've had a decent ending to the night but this isn't the Glastonbury is once was more than ever now.

It majorly is! It is every year though. You're actually off your nut if you think it's not. For a start, when workers increased a few years back from 30k to 65k...where did space increase?, that's right it didn't so you instantly had an extra 35k just in that. 

ok thanks. Yeah, I mean I went 2 years ago so its not as if it this weird thing that they sold more tickets out of nowhere. People are rambling on that theyre selling 200k now and its clearly not it. So now why the influx in volunteers? Are they really just trying to scrape by with help and just see an increase in shifts and such with volunteers as their only solution? And its def a scary thought that you added 30k just off the cuff and had zero plans on how to deal with them. The scheduling today really has shown where theyre mucking it up. Piss poor planning cause certain acts need certain slots. Youre supposed to crowd control with the schedule. Its clearly not working.

Considering they cut off some of camping in Row Mead  last year for Elton you are just inviting disaster in other areas. Who is gonna get answers out of them when the weekend is over and they see all these issues that arose? Total madness.  Cant imagine how it would be if there was legit weather and mud was a factor. Dont know how much longer they can go without having something happen. Luck runs out.

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Just shutdown Bicep because of overcrowding 

This is getting stupid now. It is bumming me out

Was madness in a lot of places yesterday where it's normally not, can only put it down to a weaker pyramid lineup not soaking soaking up the numbers?

Olivia Dean though, wow.

Bicep getting shut up though, could have called that week's ago....

Usual mix of pushers, and people who have no respect for others. Usual mix of fantastic nice people with great crowd etiquette.

Is what it is. Bring on Saturday 

Edited by Greased-Up Deaf Guy

Was at the Park area at 7pm last night and it was absolutely dead. Conversely at West Holts for Jungle it was very tight with people pushing from both directions. A young guy had a medical incident in the crowd and fortunately came round but god forbid it was a serious medical episode, he’d have been dead by the time he could’ve got medical attention. 

6 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Was madness in a lot of places yesterday where it's normally not, can only put it down to a weaker pyramid lineup not soaking soaking up the numbers?

Olivia Dean though, wow.

Bicep getting shut up though, could have called that week's ago....

Usual mix of pushers, and people who have no respect for others. Usual mix of fantastic nice people with great crowd etiquette.

Is what it is. Bring on Saturday 

It’s this… 100%

Haven’t been to either of the two main stages yet, and would have been several times over by now usually. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

ok thanks. Yeah, I mean I went 2 years ago so its not as if it this weird thing that they sold more tickets out of nowhere. People are rambling on that theyre selling 200k now and its clearly not it. So now why the influx in volunteers? Are they really just trying to scrape by with help and just see an increase in shifts and such with volunteers as their only solution? And its def a scary thought that you added 30k just off the cuff and had zero plans on how to deal with them. The scheduling today really has shown where theyre mucking it up. Piss poor planning cause certain acts need certain slots. Youre supposed to crowd control with the schedule. Its clearly not working.

Considering they cut off some of camping in Row Mead  last year for Elton you are just inviting disaster in other areas. Who is gonna get answers out of them when the weekend is over and they see all these issues that arose? Total madness.  Cant imagine how it would be if there was legit weather and mud was a factor. Dont know how much longer they can go without having something happen. Luck runs out.

This is getting stupid now. It is bumming me out

The biggest issue is the extra crew on site doubled which when you consider oxfam etc males a big difference as with 3 shifts only 1 is working at one time.

For me, the lineup is so massive now as the actual magic of it is kinda gone. Amelie Lens though smashed it last night.

This thread started so well and backfired.

really hated it being so busy in 2022. Couldn’t get a coffee anywhere in the morning without queuing for 30 mins.

dont know the answer. There’s the obvious getting the right act on the right stage thing but do they reduce ticket numbers to increase enjoyment? Probably not.

wouldnt solve the weekend thing but maybe two ticket types - weds-sun and fri-sun tickets to make the first two days less of a faff

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

One hour queue into the festival from campervans.

Love the place but thats me done this year, it's 3 hours queueing to get in and out of the festival now just during a normal day.

Always thought they need to add an extra couple of entrances, 4 doesnt seem enough for the number of people there but i guess its an additional expense to setup another entrance, adding another on each side of the site would ease a lot of the problems getting in and out

2 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

This thread started so well and backfired.

really hated it being so busy in 2022. Couldn’t get a coffee anywhere in the morning without queuing for 30 mins.

dont know the answer. There’s the obvious getting the right act on the right stage thing but do they reduce ticket numbers to increase enjoyment? Probably not.

wouldnt solve the weekend thing but maybe two ticket types - weds-sun and fri-sun tickets to make the first two days less of a faff

2022 was the last time i went, been unsuccessful in the last 2 ticket sales, but the queues for food and toilets in the morning was way worse than i ever remember in previous years, always ended up getting food i dodnt really want just because the places that looked good had rediculous queues

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

You can't actually see people you want this year, every single stage is rammed.

Definitely feel like the days of cramming in loads across multiple stages is over. To see anything remotely popular you need to dedicate a few hours to it. 

For all the talk about the Internet making music tastes more varied and diverse, there's an awful lot of groupthink - particularly after midnight 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wasn't notably busy.

Looked full enough on the broadcast to me. 

5 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Jungle on West Holts was always a crazy idea.

so where do you put them and not let them close? I guess thats the bigger question. Theres a few swaps you could make to ease crowding but do you think certain artists would even accept the booking? Sugababes and Jungle for Paul Heaton and Pj Harvey might help a bit but what else?

Should the Pyramid lineup just be all big draw artists so the rest of the stages can be at ease?

I was super excited by the West Holts lineup, and enjoyed Sofia Kourtesis at the start of Friday, but really it's a horrible area, flat and (particularly because of the sea of woodchip) ugly, with human motorways on two sides and a large catering operation along both lengths. It means when not full the music feels like a sideshow (the Skatelites were just a soundtrack to lunch for most of the people there today), and when full it provides a pretty rubbish experience. I bailed on Sugababes yesterday because the place was mental and I hadn't arrived early enough to avoid the madhouse around the edges, and had another go for Jungle with moderate success. I just think a big stage needs to be sloping a bit to assist sightlines - the Park is a much better stage whether quiet or packed.